Jubilee bass bins

noviygera

• Moderators
On 10/28/2018 at 10:43 PM, noviygera said:

Renting a pair would be an excellent start, if that is possible. I'll have to call Klipsch and ask.

Klipsch doesn't rent them.  A dealer might loan you a pair, but they are not typically stocked, they are made to order as part of a 3 or 4 way system, and only in smaller theaters.

If you own a chain of theaters they will fly up and set up a demo for you, outside of that, a demo at one of the listed people in Chicago is going to be your best bet.

Travis

Call Klipsch and ask if they have any movie theaters near you that still use them

If you remember that a lot of kpt and KI speakers coming out on the used market

In the last 3 or 4 year

That’s because a lot of the movie theaters are gone all Digital and they replaced a lot of their speakers they were talked into by some slick salesman that they would be better off with these goofy brands and replaced they’re wonderful Klipsch systems that they had

• Moderators
On 10/28/2018 at 11:02 AM, noviygera said:

I thought the Jubilee is a Cinema product coming from the professional part of Klipsch...

It is, your thread is fine here.  A lot more of the Jubilee two way (bass bin with 402 horn) set ups have ended up in homes rather than in movie theaters.

On 10/28/2018 at 11:53 AM, noviygera said:

I am in Chicago. I would like to hear the Jubilees. Either to rent them for a few days or visit someone who has them set up.

Just to throw some spaghetti on your wall.....  I hear Chicago has a nice airport.....  A number of other towns also have nice airports.

I don't know what a round trip ticket is to Knoxville but you could jump a plane....fly to Knoxville.  I will pick you up and take you to my house.  You can play your heart out as long as your format is CD or DVD.  I'll take you back to the airport and you can be home in time to share a glass of wine with your wife.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Coytee said:

Just to throw some spaghetti on your wall.....  I hear Chicago has a nice airport.....  A number of other towns also have nice airports.

I don't know what a round trip ticket is to Knoxville but you could jump a plane....fly to Knoxville.  I will pick you up and take you to my house.  You can play your heart out as long as your format is CD or DVD.  I'll take you back to the airport and you can be home in time to share a glass of wine with your wife.

That's one incredibly nice offer.  Kudos!

8 hours ago, Oicu812 said:

That's one incredibly nice offer.  Kudos!

I've kind of been open with sharing my home with those that want to hear them and willing to make the effort.  I've had people here listening to them that live in:

Carrolton, Georgia

Athens, Georgia

Nashville, TN 

Lexington, KY

Charlotte, NC

Panhandle, Florida (forget which town)

Long Island, NY

along with a number of folks that are local, Knoxville, Oak Ridge & surrounding areas.

If he's willing to put the effort in to get here.....  I'm game.

Renting would be unwieldy for all parties involved.  These things hold their value so well that it's one of the few things that you really shouldn't worry about losing much of any money over, just try them and sell in the future if for some crazy reason they don't work.  :)  I have two pair in Paducah KY if you felt like a road trip.  

• Thanks 1

Guys, thanks for the kind offers to visit you! I might take you up in that. 

FYI, my current system (see image)

Highs: Funktion One Res 1.5 tweeter

Mids: Funktion One Res 3 mid

The Jubilee would theoretically cross over to the Res3 midrange horn at 230hz, 12db/oct Bessel filter.

Coytee, that's a very kind offer. I'll talk to my wife, maybe we can plan a road trip. We like road trips ;)  I do!

IMG_5007.JPG

Up-sweeps using something like Room EQ Wizard would tell you about reverberation time vs. frequency, and how soon the first major reflections are appearing in front of your current loudspeakers and at your listening position(s) via impulse spectrograms.

Chris