HH Scott 222c Phono Tubes...

SWL

I don't use the phono section (but plan to change that). Power tubes have their lifespan. Preamp tubes are supposed to last a really long time. Phase inverter tubes I'm not sure about. Rectifier tube I'm not sure about. If the phono tubes are on all the time but not being used, should I have any concern about them? 

I'm basically re-tubing my unit right now.....can't even remember what tubes I have in the phono right now. I think they're Baldwins and they were just something to stick in there. 

Thanks for any input

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

Not sure I'd worry about the preamp and phono tubes until they started sounding old. The 6U8/6GH8A/whatever in the driver stage aren't being run all that hard and should last quite a while (although I did have a Raytheon 6GH8 give up and become noisy), RCAs are still quite cheap and sound alright. 

My experience and forum crawling on rectifiers are new production should not be pushed more than a year. Vintage stuff is much sturdier. 5V4 may also be an affordable vintage replacement.