JohnJ

23 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I always say: screw what's in style... Boots jeans & t-shirts... plus a flannel this time of year!

99% of the time, I'm in Levi blue jeans and a t-shirt, and sneakers. Sometimes when I go out, I'm still rockin my bell bottoms -- and they do draw some attention. 

I was standing on the sidewalk downtown saying goodbye to a friend and this car pulls up and the guy rolls down the window. 

Him:  "Hey, where did you get those pants?"

Me:  "I don't remember. Bought them on the internet from some place."

Him: "They're great. I'm a dancer and would love to wear something like that on stage."

Me: "NO" while ripping off the pants right where I stood.

A dancer really?  I could handle it if he said he was a drummer, but a dancer?  (Sorry Brian, @oldtimer) just a friendly jab of course. 

• Haha 3

:lol:

Only ripped mine off in public once, when a bunch of yellowjackets flew up my leg and got to stinging me close to my crotch. Glad I had sneakers on they flew across the cul-de-sac and 501s to the middle of the yard me yelling all the while.

How much cash did he offer you for them @BigStewMan:D

Had this in the car this morning, it's on "War Child"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Only ripped mine off in public once, when a bunch of yellowjackets flew up my leg and got to stinging me close to my crotch. Glad I had sneakers on they flew across the cul-de-sac and 501s to the middle of the yard me yelling all the while.

How much cash did he offer you for them @BigStewMan:D

When I lived in the desert, I had a lizard run up my pant leg once -- yes, I ripped those pants off real quick.

He didn't offer me any money for the pants. I still have them too -- really cool black & white stripped bell bottoms -- also have a paisley pair of bell bottoms. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I actually wanted to sleep for a long time, but by chance I found this new CD that was released in Germany .. Christone "Kingfish" & Buddy Guy with "fresh out".

John Lee Hooker would be jealous. I bought this CD immediately .....I LOVE THE BLUES .....By for now ......

• Like 4

On 2/11/2020 at 7:21 PM, MicroMara said:

I actually wanted to sleep for a long time, but by chance I found this new CD that was released in Germany .. Christone "Kingfish" & Buddy Guy with "fresh out".

John Lee Hooker would be jealous. I bought this CD immediately .....I LOVE THE BLUES .....By for now ......

I always wondered why Buddy Guy adjusted his guitar with those stringy buzzed high pitch aftereffect tonal qualities.

JJK

• Like 2

On 2/13/2020 at 1:43 PM, JJkizak said:

I always wondered why Buddy Guy adjusted his guitar with those stringy buzzed high pitch aftereffect tonal qualities.

JJK

Yes, this is really a unique effect in blues music with a high recognition value

Just heard these two groups Kenny Burell's "Midnight Blue" recorded in 1967 with the musicians Stanley Turrentine, Major Holly Jr. Bill English, and Ray Barretto.

Then came the album "CONCERTIO" by Jim Hall from 1975. With the musicians Chat Baker, Paul Desmond, Roland Hanna, Ron Carter and Steve Gadd.

Great Stuff .....

Regards MicroMara

Kenny Burell.jpg

Jim Hall.jpg

• Like 4

I'm listening to the American rock group "Greta van Fleet". The albums " from the fires " and anthem of the peaceful army ".  I also have everything from "Led Zeppelin" as records. Greta van Fleet are really the reincarnation of Led Zeppelin ". I am thrilled.

Best regards MicroMara

Greta1.jpg

Greta2.jpg

• Like 3

Guten Abend bro!

Yes they are, got the first one and it surprised me. Also the treble is really cranked up in the mastering of my cd. I mean like tweeter blowing loud including distortion, can not crank it up... I like my speakers!

IMG-20200220-163846.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Guten Abend bro!

Yes they are, got the first one and it surprised me. Also the treble is really cranked up in the mastering of my cd. I mean like tweeter blowing loud including distortion, can not crank it up... I like my speakers!

IMG-20200220-163846.jpg

cheers my friend, enjoy your wiskey . On my RF7 MK II with the new crossovers, Greta van Fleet sound supple soft in the heights, the mid-tone as with the melt of golden honey colors, the basses rich and dry with the energy of a volcano. The voice of the frontman like that of Jimmy Page. The boys are incredibly good.You also need the 2018 album.

Buy for now, still 01.a.m here.

• Like 3

On 2/22/2020 at 1:06 AM, oldtimer said:

good night.  bon nuit.

On 2/22/2020 at 1:06 AM, oldtimer said:

good night.  bon nuit.

Good Morning  in german language " Guten morgen " , Good Day in german " Guten Tag " and Good Night " Gute Nacht " 😎