JohnJ

You'd have to have been there.....old enough to comprehend..... in the 70s.

Gas having been 10 to 20 cents per gallon forever I guess. Then 50... then 90 cents a gallon. The stations turning cars away... your dad freaking out & cursing for the first time that you ever heard.

This was on the radio not long after that, did not comprehend the other references until later.

Listen to track #9 and you'll get the picture, the whole album is a time capsule in the language of rock-n-roll.

IMG-20190102-203340.jpg

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

You'd have to have been there.....old enough to comprehend..... in the 70s.

Gas having been 10 to 20 cents per gallon forever I guess. Then 50... then 90 cents a gallon. The stations turning cars away... your dad freaking out & cursing for the first time that you ever heard.

This was on the radio not long after that, did not comprehend the other references until later.

Listen to track #9 and you'll get the picture, the whole album is a time capsule in the language of rock-n-roll.

IMG-20190102-203340.jpg

Just give the people what they want

On 1/3/2019 at 2:22 PM, oldtimer said:

I want it I want it I want it

Can't have it....

Just discovered... if I don't watch the `canes play from start to finish they win :(. Happened twice in the past week. Listening to the new lp that just came in, then other stuff, dam# no fun to watch if you already know the score. But geeze they need the points, have to turn off the NHL app on my phone so it won't spoil it and watch every game like it's a left coast game.

Alright then, if they'll keep winning I keep my end up!!

nice cd this cover has some good sax through it, and through the horns here.

• 2 weeks later...

Another "what happened to these guys?" band that was a bit crass, but had some talent a few years ago.

"Get the Funk Out" has been heard around this side of town lately.

Extreme was an appropriate name for them, the digital on this cd brings it out "Song For Love" is what played on FM a lot.

IMG-20190131-142355.jpg

28 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Another "what happened to these guys?" band that was a bit crass, but had some talent a few years ago.

"Get the Funk Out" has been heard around this side of town lately.

Extreme was an appropriate name for them, the digital on this cd brings it out "Song For Love" is what played on FM a lot.

IMG-20190131-142355.jpg