JohnJ

Certain music is put on whenever I change or update anything on a stereo, it's always been that way. It's probably a half dozen titles for me.

Do y'all know anyone that if they got new speakers or a new cart and they own this title.... that wouldn't put this one on and crank it to sense the difference?

Got 2.1 set up pretty good in there now, crossover on the sub set at 50 then 40 then 60, OK back to 50, volume turned down to -24 again and 

"On the Run" came to life!

IMG-20190412-205834.jpg

Been a while, this is a great cd but the mood for it has to strike me because it is the most lean, cut back and laid bare Steely Dan I've ever heard and it's beautiful. Even with their off key singing..... yep theirs... the perfectionists. Think they did it on purpose though.

IMG-20190413-225449.jpg

it's 2 hrs

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From some of their first works to this that i think is their last. Better mastering yeah, but the feel of the earlier work is better to me.

In these tunes you can be reminiscent of their biggest most famous work, it's there in some stanzas. The attitude does come across, and I read about this somewhere in a link at these forums, it's kind of a Nightfly + release. 

IMG-20190427-151526.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I normally listen to this album in the car - but I decided to have the full listening experience again 

What a beautiful album - every song track is a gem 💎 

Do yourself a favour and listen to it 

Artist - Colin Hay 

Title - Are You Looking At Me 

Are_you_lookin_at_me.jpg

This is the studio version 

And this is the having fun with the audience 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Nice, and that old Buick looks similar to the Le Sabre my folks had when I was a kid. The folk/country type of music like this perfect at times for more than just me obviously @Full Range

You should research his Bio 

Now Colin Hay is working solo with a range of genre styles - but in the past he was in at least one famous band

13 hours ago, Full Range said:

I normally listen to this album in the car - but I decided to have the full listening experience again 

What a beautiful album - every song track is a gem 💎 

Do yourself a favour and listen to it 

Artist - Colin Hay 

Title - Are You Looking At Me 

Are_you_lookin_at_me.jpg

This is the studio version 

And this is the having fun with the audience 

• Like 4

Did not know he was from that band. Didn't care for them, was on only one type of music back then.... rock & the southern type too. Think I could dig it with the laid back version of me now!

I'd give two likes if I could. Have two of their CDs and they could take a good recording and make it great. You listening to the redbook or the sacd? I've got a plain old cd transport, my AF hybrid sounds really good compared to a regular one. Very nice score!

We have an election tomorrow 

And yes it’s compulsory for everyone over 18 to vote 

Anyway my thoughts are to contemplate the parties policies and while in doing that I will be listening to 

Gil Scott-Herron 

The revolution will not be televised 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's HEAVY @Full Range!

Every time I've voted for a decade or so I pretend I've got laryngitis and just hold out my drivers license.

It enrages the dumb-dumbs but I do my psuedo sign language while blood shoots out of their eyes and sulfur smoke rises from their heads. Then they try to put a stupid "I voted" sticker on me.

We voted for using ID to be mandatory, it overwhelmingly passed, the polit-bureau overturned that a month later.

Our revolution is being perpetrated on the people by the usurpers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

That's HEAVY @Full Range!

Every time I've voted for a decade or so I pretend I've got laryngitis and just hold out my drivers license.

It enrages the dumb-dumbs but I do my psuedo sign language while blood shoots out of their eyes and sulfur smoke rises from their heads. Then they try to put a stupid "I voted" sticker on me.

We voted for using ID to be mandatory, it overwhelmingly passed, the polit-bureau overturned that a month later.

Our revolution is being perpetrated on the people by the usurpers.

I find timing at the polling station is crucial 

Go early and the leaflet buzzards get you as one enters the gate ( most polling stations are at schools ) 

They open from 8am to 6pm 

So I go after 5 pm 

Everyone is tired and it’s a quick dash to vote and out again 

• Like 1