JohnJ

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

Never heard of this Led Zeppelin ... are they copying Greta Van Fleet?

Naa, just sounds a little digitalized to me compared to the original LPs. It's got a few of my faves on it so I can jam in the car, can't listen to the radio long enough to get to the good songs so I quit bothering. The tuner in the new car isn't strong enough to pick up the station I kinda like from Greenville, SC +100 miles south of here.

• Like 1

This group should've, could've been BIG. Overproduced maybe in this release, their earlier work was not.

Theatrical hard rock? maybe.

Opera singer that couldn't cut it on Broadway still sings better than 99 out of a hundred of us regular folks.

IMG-20190729-175858.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone like listening to Donald and Walter?

Not Walter:

download.jpg

but this one:

IMG-20190814-165337.jpg

I've got the "Best of" Steely Dan again now. Like them being picky with their recordings I'm that way about my "new" cart (it's almost two years old now) I relocated my best of records by them.

Not completely in order but all of their good stuff. 

Early 90s remaster of their digital recordings (that they didn't like) not made for speakers that can reproduce true mid and high range frequencies.

I can take the rig off of the direct setting to a treble retarded, bass bumped up setting and it sounds excellent.

Haven't listened to the Aja or Gaucho parts yet they are excellent on LP.

Sure this will make the Honda's boom box sound like hi-fi!!

• Like 1

Arrrgh!!

Just got around to opening the last of the discs from the big set I got last week. I listened to #s 1, 2 ,4 and opened #3 earlier today

🙄😮🙄

IMG-20190820-123222.jpg

Nine out of ten of the sellers I've dealt with at discogs are good people, this was one of them happily!

He's already hit me back and is resolving the problem today!! :emotion-19:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

@Edgar notice what the preamp is receiving?

That's encouraging. As I said, it's really a choice between using a cheap CD player as a transport, and using a real transport.

Hmm ... when stated that way, the answer almost becomes obvious.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Listened to some beach music a little while ago, no not this type: http://shagdance.com/index.php

And a quick look through the drawers found one from the era that I haven't heard in a while. The difference from 50 to 20 khz Heresy IIs to the new rig with F3s + sub down to 18hz is a LOT!

IMG-20191126-192555.jpg

• Like 2

CD's?

Sterile?

Maybe...... 

Maybe NOT!

Think it depends on what you're using to make those bits audible.

Take the Wolfson WM8740, it might be a couple of years old now but with a pair doing the work in your preamp and it's possible to hear range and warmth out of these little discs.

So my cd player is just a carrier, it takes the bits through an optical cable to the twin Wolfsons then out of the pre to the amp via balanced XLRs then on to the Klipsch!

Take no offense but it's not sterile here🤸‍♂️

IMG-20191204-191847.jpg

• Like 2