JohnJ

• 4 weeks later...

Going back to the 60s here right now and this "Biograph" box set literally has a biography in a heavy glossy magazine inside. Sheets of the songs... not lyrics but their individual story.

Every song I've heard by him and a lot more through the mid 70s stuff. Believe I posted the one that has "Everything's Broken" from the 80s that's the only one I bought of his.

Got literally 20+ LPs of Dylan's still in the toybox. Confused?  Look at the vinyl thread from last week, you'll see the large amount of records pushed over a little in the first row, first is Beatles, second is Bob Dylan. First disc is 73 minutes second 72.

IMG-20200517-182931.jpg

IMG-20200517-184050.jpg

& if you're thinking that sounded like a sales pitch?

You are not mistaken.

Hit me up if interested. If listed at Discogs it would be M/NM for media/box Probably $35 give or take with shipping in the lower 48.

* Biograph cd set is gone as of today.

Edited by JohnJ
*sold
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Going back to the 60s here right now and this "Biograph" box set literally has a biography in a heavy glossy magazine inside. Sheets of the songs... not lyrics but their individual story.

Every song I've heard by him and a lot more through the mid 70s stuff. Believe I posted the one that has "Everything's Broken" from the 80s that's the only one I bought of his.

Got literally 20+ LPs of Dylan's still in the toybox. Confused?  Look at the vinyl thread from last week, you'll see the large amount of records pushed over a little in the first row, first is Beatles, second is Bob Dylan. First disc is 73 minutes second 72.

IMG-20200517-182931.jpg

IMG-20200517-184050.jpg

& if you're thinking that sounded like a sales pitch?

You are not mistaken.

Hit me up if interested. If listed at Discogs it would be M/NM for media/box Probably $35 give or take with shipping in the lower 48.

I've had that one for a really long time!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a local band from the Chicago area who has made some great records over the years. This new one of theirs has the sound of early Black Crowes, early Faces, and the Rolling Stones from the Tattoo You era. Check them out, they are a really good rock band.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Alrighty Then @Drewg I recall you followed this thread soon after I started it. Good to see I put something out here that reeled you in!;) Steepwater sounds alright.

These guys melted the freakin Tampa IcePalace after Superunknown came out!

Darn Chris we miss you man, you were one of the best R&R singers ever

Soundgarden

Badmotorfinger:

IMG-20200619-214354.jpg

• Like 2

Alrighty Then [mention=62385]Drewg[/mention] I recall you followed this thread soon after I started it. Good to see I put something out here that reeled you in![emoji6] Steepwater sounds alright.

These guys melted the freakin Tampa IcePalace after Superunknown came out!

Darn Chris we miss you man, you were one of the best R&R singers ever

Soundgarden
Badmotorfinger:

IMG-20200619-214354.jpg

Ha! I follow a lot of threads, but don’t post a whole lot. There is a ton I haven’t heard and I reference back to this thread quite often for new music.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is fun, played one tune on FM in Orlando when I was down there.

First time I heard it, thought I was listening to long lost AC/DC.... Bon Scott reincarnated!

Obscure but 90s rock had a few one hit wonders.

IMG-20200619-223712.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well it was yesterday when it was cool low 80s here I exchanged the air inside the house with the fresh outside stuff.

Let the Forte IIIs breathe too, pot set to 2pm for a few hours man they are extra nice when you give `em some juice!

IMG-20200626-184301.jpg

This intro and Bodhisattva live are part of that four disc set.

Ended around dusk with my favorite new to me Albert King LP but that's another thread!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

An absolute rarity arrived today from the US States. The shipping to Germany took about 3 weeks. The transport costs as well as customs duties and import sales taxes made this double CD very expensive, but the expenses and the long time waiting were worth it.

King Crimson Mr. Stormy's Monday Collections. Published : 2008 Label : DGM

Unfortunately the song " Walking on air " which introduced to us and why I bought this CD is not on it. I guess I was wrong, because today I found out that there are more Mr. Stommy's Monday Collections. Does one of you know on which release " Walking on air " is to be found ? @Dave1290, @dirtmudd, @Full Range, @JohnJ   smilie_gr_76.gif

960893125_KCMondayCollectionkleiner.thumb.jpg.3a851d372a500b3c9f62ef360c12d878.jpg

KCStormy1.jpg.568c4ada5e9658043a61aeb9cd96c6a8.jpg

KCStormy2.jpg.eab09e8a78877b0c29a2eaaa409d4261.jpg

KCStormy3.jpg.c3863d905815873fab30efa53f5e6dbb.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/19/2020 at 9:53 PM, Mighty Favog said:

One of my favorite Chicago bands:

New Colony Six

I played with a brother/sister duo for a few years, and we did an album in Chicago with some of the NC6 pas the other musicians. Here's the info my friend Chuck Perrin put on his website about the LP:

We ran across Irving Azoff.  Just out of college at the University of Illinois, he had his fingers in everything entertainment in Illinois at the time. He managed REO Speedwagon, & would go on in later years to become a mega-manager for acts such as the Eagles & Steely Dan. He was friends with an independent radio promo man in Chicago named Peter Wright, who was starting up his own labels: Twinight Records (for blues)  & Sunlight Records (for pop/rock). Irving, who was livin large even back then, flew us up to Chicago in his private plane & introduced us to Peter who decided to produce an album of our material to release on Sunlight Records. We’d been recording in minimalist fashion. Now all of a sudden we were going into RCA’s studio complex on Wacker Drive to record on 16 track machines. We recorded the basic tracks for Life Is A Stream in January of 1971 using the talents of another of Peter’s signees, Chicago pop group THE NEW COLONY SIX as backup musicians. Notable is the keyboard work of Chuck Jobes, and the rhythm section of Dave Robin on bass and Billy Herman drums. Also appearing on guitar & dobro was Bruce Brown, who often toured with Chuck & Mary.  Peter had been a trumpeter with a big band background,  so his concept was to incorporate some creatively unique string & horn arrangements. He hired the great arranger  Hoyt Jones & gave him the tracks to score. They were performed in the studio by members of the  Chicago Symphony Orchestra.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1