JohnJ

Like KC a lot but darnit hockey playoffs are here and it's August:blink2: That's supposed to be over with on or the day after my mid June birthday.

NEED football soon, the real stuff Saturday College Ball.

Needed a record and the seller had this also and it allows for some negotiating when you're doing multiple items.

Since "they" got rid of our winning music because of the pc perversion we did get a real good one on this brash recording!

IMG-20200808-195013.jpg

The Office is Rockin'

Don't Come a Knockin' !!

• Like 2

On 8/8/2020 at 2:31 AM, JohnJ said:

Heck yea, I've known about her since I saw "Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scotts" almost ten years ago. I flipped out that the healthy little girl could jam on the bass like that!

Didn't know she was doing her own LPs until a few months ago though, you guys clued me in on that!!

can´t get her in germany smilie_tra_026.gif

• Sad 1

On 8/9/2020 at 2:04 AM, JohnJ said:

Like KC a lot but darnit hockey playoffs are here and it's August:blink2: That's supposed to be over with on or the day after my mid June birthday.

NEED football soon, the real stuff Saturday College Ball.

Needed a record and the seller had this also and it allows for some negotiating when you're doing multiple items.

Since "they" got rid of our winning music because of the pc perversion we did get a real good one on this brash recording!

IMG-20200808-195013.jpg

The Office is Rockin'

Don't Come a Knockin' !!

another Elephant ? Didn´t we had them in the vinyl spinning thread a couple of days ago ? God that @dirtmudd isn´t here than we have to listen to the Elephant Talk from King Crimson again , happy-weekend-smiley-emoticon.gif   Waiting for the LP from KC , liked the Elephant Talk tune so much......

• Haha 1

Paolo Giovanni Nutini (born 9 January 1987) is a Scottish singer, songwriter and musician from Paisley. Nutini's debut album, These Streets (2006), peaked at number three on the UK Albums Chart. Its follow-up, Sunny Side Up (2009), debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart. Both albums have been certified quintuple platinum by the British Phonographic Industry. After 5 years, Nutini released his third studio album, Caustic Love, in April 2014. The album received positive reviews from music critics. Caustic Love debuted at number one on the UK Album Charts and was certified platinum by the BPI in June 2014.In late July 2014, he was referred to by the BBC as "arguably Scotland's biggest musician right now"

881661283_PaoloNutinikleiner.thumb.jpg.4edf00ffbe5b4ddca7663d1d982f7054.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I just searched my fav LP sellers and that album above is in stock 

Since I joined here I learned to listen on youtube to see if I want to fork out the bucks for the overpriced vinyl first :emotion-21::emotion-21:

• Haha 2

On 7/30/2020 at 2:39 PM, Marvel said:

I played with a brother/sister duo for a few years, and we did an album in Chicago with some of the NC6 pas the other musicians. Here's the info my friend Chuck Perrin put on his website about the LP:

We ran across Irving Azoff.  Just out of college at the University of Illinois, he had his fingers in everything entertainment in Illinois at the time. He managed REO Speedwagon, & would go on in later years to become a mega-manager for acts such as the Eagles & Steely Dan. He was friends with an independent radio promo man in Chicago named Peter Wright, who was starting up his own labels: Twinight Records (for blues)  & Sunlight Records (for pop/rock). Irving, who was livin large even back then, flew us up to Chicago in his private plane & introduced us to Peter who decided to produce an album of our material to release on Sunlight Records. We’d been recording in minimalist fashion. Now all of a sudden we were going into RCA’s studio complex on Wacker Drive to record on 16 track machines. We recorded the basic tracks for Life Is A Stream in January of 1971 using the talents of another of Peter’s signees, Chicago pop group THE NEW COLONY SIX as backup musicians. Notable is the keyboard work of Chuck Jobes, and the rhythm section of Dave Robin on bass and Billy Herman drums. Also appearing on guitar & dobro was Bruce Brown, who often toured with Chuck & Mary.  Peter had been a trumpeter with a big band background,  so his concept was to incorporate some creatively unique string & horn arrangements. He hired the great arranger  Hoyt Jones & gave him the tracks to score. They were performed in the studio by members of the  Chicago Symphony Orchestra.

Dang....remind me to get your autograph next time I see you.... :emotion-21:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

This is really big cinema ..bought right now ....... as japan press smilie_happy_011.gif

You scored BIG to get that great recording in a made in Japan pressing!

Have a few & they turned me into a believer!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Close the city and tell the people that
Something's coming to call
Death and darkness are rushing forward to
Take a bite from the wall, oh
You've nothing to say
They're breaking away

If you listen to fools
The mob rules
The mob rules

IMG-20200818-221114.jpg