JohnJ

Presto Changeup!

Do you remember where you were in the 90s when you first heard this?

I do!

PXL-20200920-225805027.jpg

Was at the naked beach just south of New Smyrna & some folks were dancing to this... I could not or else....

I gotta girlfriend, she goes to art school
I gotta art school girlfriend yeah
I gotta girlfriend, she gotta girlfriend
We gotta girlfriend, she gotta go

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

So going through pictures, memorabilia, schoolwork from the 1940s through the 1970s.... Calling my brother to make sure what he wants got saved. 

Weather is great today after the clouds cleared, the humidity went down and it was still not even 70 like it is now four hours later.

Those ten pound barking rodents started up! Yip, yap only towards the house with the windows open here. What's the quote? "Let There be Rock!!!"

Started with the digital today hope the block likes this stuff, can't hear the dogs now:laugh:

The first "smoke" has some nice piano and vocal tunes... it dials up from there.

PXL-20200930-191243183.jpg

Now I'm onto some vinyl...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Something upbeat and full of that HAIR Sound!

PXL-20201027-004346101.jpg

* And after a few songs the memories of the people the tunes "belonged" with are as fresh as ever!

Living Loud, Hard and Fast does mean some of them aren't around anymore, some are far away.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1

This one I might listen to the whole disc, but not that last one. Yep I'm much different now.

PXL-20201027-012526869.jpg

These guys were da^n good rockers! 

& it turns out it's been a great day after all!

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@JohnJ  ...at the moment my psychic condition doesn´t  tolerate hard rock or metal. In addition, the medication as described side effect cause constant headaches. On the other hand I still have to swallow Novalgin daily. Listening to music works fine, but only if I don´t hear loud.Hard rock and metal must be heard very loud to make it bang.

So I'm floating on the softer wave of music and enjoying Gregory Porter's new album "ALL RISE". I have all his productions at home, he is the "Frank Sinatra" of the 21st century. But his repertoire is broader and ranges from Jazz > Soul > Blues > Gospel . 

300788076_GregoryPorterAllRise.thumb.jpg.9370bc35c43fd0f0476d41d513ec6dc0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

@JohnJ  ...at the moment my psychic condition doesn´t  tolerate hard rock or metal. In addition, the medication as described side effect cause constant headaches. On the other hand I still have to swallow Novalgin daily. Listening to music works fine, but only if I don´t hear loud.Hard rock and metal must be heard very loud to make it bang.

So I'm floating on the softer wave of music and enjoying Gregory Porter's new album "ALL RISE". I have all his productions at home, he is the "Frank Sinatra" of the 21st century. But his repertoire is broader and ranges from Jazz > Soul > Blues > Gospel . 

Whatever you feel like buddy. The dude has a real nice velvety voice, on the first track now!

It's been since the late 70s when I was all Heavy Metal all the time, got to have variety last couple of decades for me although I gravitate towards... You know what because you'll see my posts!

(tip of my hat smiley)

• Like 3

Not even 60 degrees yet here...super-low 30% humidity. The attic is open and I'm going to empty it today even if I have to make more hot caffeine!

Got a good stack down already and had to vacuum each one with the car-vac dusty dusty stuff. Dusty...TX...

PXL-20201116-180921865.jpg

Just finished this and I kept the windows in the listening room shut to give those neighbors a break today!

PXL-20201116-181120091.jpg

.... now where's Dusty?

PXL-20201116-181246417.jpg

This will carry for a little while.

D*mn Straight!

• Like 3

On 11/6/2020 at 8:16 PM, MicroMara said:

From what i saw in Your posts up til now, i wouldn´t have thought You were the Metal type. 😉 What do You have in your collection? I´m interested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AndreG. said:

From what i saw in Your posts up til now, i wouldn´t have thought You were the Metal type. 😉 What do You have in your collection? I´m interested.

Started out with Beatles when I was about 12, before that it was classical played on the piano here by my mother.

Went to Aerosmith, Nugent, VH, Skynyrd from there. The guy that drove the Marshall Tucker Band bus lived a quarter mile from here and I would see him driving it home every Sun morning walking to church for about three years or so.

My likes are varied, my collection is limited @AndreG.  But there is youtube for that now!

Blues Rock, Southern Rock, Progressive Rock, Some jazz particularly with good sax in it. Exceptional voices do it, even Yo Yo Ma I can listen to for a while.

If I can feel the emotion coming through in the voice, the instruments played that is a plus to me. Only some of the 80s hair band rock I can't listen to anymore.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

I can't list more than 1500 records for you now . emoji-smile.gif You can visit us in our madhouse vinyl record spinning thread ...happy_2.gif

Oh ..I just realized that I was not meant at all ..well

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Aerosmith i know quite well, but only the stuff they made since the 90´s. Nugent i heard a little. Van Halen, big YEES. (RIP, Eddie). I´m also curious about @MicroMara ?

MicroMara, You beat me to it!

Then respectfully, You don't know Aero!

Check `em out man!

Their best was in the 70s that run ended with their white album but the two after it were good also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1