JohnJ

Had to do some cleaning, and if you've seen some of my other posts since I joined you'll know I hate it but it's got to get done. & tunes make it better. This is one of the better tapes I ever made, quality has always been good `cause I read the manual. Didn't let the peaks go too high but always increased the dbs. It's the different bands worked into the 100 minutes on this one and how they fit together nicely.

PXL-20210110-193857331.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And I found a deal.. never stop looking for `em on a follow up I wanted before Christmas, didn't realize it was from a half a world away. Got here last week from AU via Deutschland and the UK.

PXL-20210110-195153848.jpg

& it wasn't mastered by the awful company that did their first one, this cd sounds good. If I can replace that first one I will toss what I have now in the trash. Their first release is much better but this one still sounds like a new Zep recording, so all in all it's good!

• Like 4

@JohnJ  That was a long journey from Greta van Fleet to you. But I really don't understand why the second production should sound better. I also have the first two albums of the band and find both sound absolutely identically good. I would also like to have a Japanese CD from the group, their great music would be worth it.

• Like 2

I've only got the cds of this group. The fist one I bought the same week I discovered them on these forums... big Led Zeppelin fan here. It was sold out at the regular places but I got a copy from their website. I have never in my life owned any kind of recording that puts mid-high shrillness to the forefront until that disc. It is awful.

Their releases are so short that this one has a few from their first release on it. Even though "Lava" is on this disc also this one has the Japanese treatment and sounds good through my pc, the best I have set up now.

The only conclusion that I could make any sense of is they expected everyone interested in that group to only have minimal quality systems. I literally had to take my rig off of the direct, flat response, shortest to the speakers setting and dial back the mid... which is treble since most amps aren't made with bass, mid, treble controls like I like.

Had an HK with a five band equalizer once, later had and sold a twelve band Yamaha equalizer back in the 90s.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spinning some digital silver sacd´s this early evening . It´s 5.41 pm here , cold outside dark outsite, that´s why i switched the lighst and dislay from my SACDP out as well.  Warming up my soul with Nils Lofgren " Acoustic Live " SACD from 2016  . Awesome live performance with the Lofgren Familiy ..

Nils Lofgren plays Lead vocals & Acoustic Guitar & Piano

Tom Lofgren Piano & Synth, Acoustic Guitra & Vocals

Michael Lofgren Acoustic 12 String, Vocals

Mark Lofgren Acoustic Guitar , Vocals

Anyone knew that before

NilsSACD.thumb.jpg.fb6183cd88a9078d280ede62c98b3606.jpg

• Like 4

Youngest daughter is living in Phoenix, Nils lives in Phoenix also and does some nice small shows locally.  Going to hook them up before this Covid garbage is over so she can give him a listen.  Gotta work some magic so when I croak she can appreciate what I have sitting here.  My system would melt down playing the garbage that she plays.  Found her an old Tak knock-off of the Martin that many enjoy because she wanted to lean how to play it.  It's sitting in her bedroom and didn't make the trip to Phoenix.  I GOTTA do something to save her life!  hahaha  Kids!  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Better ? 

rush1.thumb.jpg.05f6d7431c28b0bdb4fb7c02923009f4.jpg

You play one of my top three favorite bands and ask me that?? Your others were not worse bud, I was just getting amped up for the Championship game tonight. You bedazzled your sacd player!!

• Like 2

I have the winter blues dear John. It's been cruelly dark since 4 weeks, no sun, only rain, cold, lockdown since Dec 18. I am still on Illness leave and can't go to work. My kids can't go to school because of Covid and have been home since Dec 12. It's pretty much the shittiest winter I've spent in the last 10 years. And it doesn't stop, the lockdown will probably be extended until mid-February. The whole country is depressed and paralyzed , you don't see people anymore, all businesses are closed except food stores, drug stores and pharmacies and gas stations.

It is the purest horror...          

smilie_devil_070.gif

• Like 2

@MicroMara Still? Man, I know you've had a rough time as of late. Can only hope your physical health is better, and that you can find a way to enjoy the present.

These egregious lockdowns have been noted to not inhibit the plague, but to actually increase cases. Several countries that have "gone their own way" are doing better than the big know-it-all ones. Yet the "leaders" ignore facts and continue on this socio-economic destructive path. I'm distinctly aware of my literal freedoms here now, my country the well known bastion of that ideal obviously is no more.

• Like 1

With the music I've been playing tonight I almost put a Skynyrd tape on but this one screamed at me A side is all live B side isn't If you're familiar with 70s rock you'll know the artists on this one.

PXL-20210113-023916567.jpg

Remember Point Blank???

Klipsch brings these to life!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Earlier today I received a bunch of CDs 

Mainly Prog thanks to a Prog rock reviewer 

So I will go through them and post my impressions of what music was received 

First up is an Aussie band 

Aragon - Don’t Bring The Rain 

Aragon is a band from Melbourne formed in 1987 and one member has a Greek name 

s-l400.jpgA

I had heard of them, but this is the first time I have sat down to listen 

My observation of this album after 4 spins 

Genre is heavy rock / Prog in nature 

Style - somewhere in between Rush and Marillion (to my ears)

** However the band Evanescence that came after them in 1995 sounds very similar 

The lead singer is fabulous and in full control 

The band is controlled and tight, you might even say it is dynamic 

I found the album content to be well done but a little forced

Just need to explain it here - Content constantly goes to almost the same tempo on many tracks 

Apart from that it was enjoyable 

My track picks are 

2 Company of Wolves 

3 Solstice 

The most Prog tracks are 

The Crucifixion