JohnJ

Lately I´ve been picking up on some "loose threads" concerning my cd collection ( Alan Parsons Project, ELO, Queen, just to name a few...). Now – i´ve got a question, reaching out to fans of "The Boss" or anybody else who might know. I´ve been looking up Springsteens box "Tracks", it is aviable as printings from 1998, 2007 & 2013. Any big differences, is any out of the three "the one to get"? Prices on Amazon sure differ.

This is about CDs, so i thought i´d post this here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AndreG. said:

– i´ve got a question, reaching out to fans of "The Boss" or anybody else who might know. I´ve been looking up Springsteens box "Tracks", it is aviable as printings from 1998, 2007 & 2013. Any big differences, is any out of the three "the one to get"? Prices on Amazon sure differ.

Not really a big fan of his except the "Darkness on the Edge of Town" release.

Last year I received a Live Boxed Set of 5 LPs and about a half dozen more earlier $$ ones. They're packed in the back under & behind a ton of stuff in storage. If you only were nearby when I empty it they would be yours. & I did the ultrasonic for them before I sold it, they play nicely.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Now – i´ve got a question, reaching out to fans of "The Boss" or anybody else who might know. I´ve been looking up Springsteens box "Tracks", it is aviable as printings from 1998, 2007 & 2013. Any big differences, is any out of the three "the one to get"? Prices on Amazon sure differ.

You might be better served in the first instance to pick up a best of CD/ CDs 💿 then decide if you want the lot later on 

• Like 1

Oh no, I already own several of his recordings. I was just asking, because sometimes there are small differences between different pressings. 

In this box you get music that didn't make it in to his regular albums and that up to that point were only aviable as bootlegs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had this wonderful cassette on earlier before I emptied the living room.

"Midnight Stroll" & "Strong Persuader" together like they should be!

With some Dionne thrown in, not the one you'd expect, but she's good also!

PXL-20210402-230454658.jpg

• Like 3

This weeks additions to my collection:

IMG_20210410_152731.thumb.jpg.1d8c4438fd8da4919af205071f4e2396.jpg

IMG_20210410_152802.thumb.jpg.ff07fc5d37043640c66ebb88213a3385.jpgIMG_20210410_152852.thumb.jpg.85ef975787be240cf846ebbf9351244a.jpg

This is the Springsteen box i was asking about a few days ago. Listened to two discs so far, mostly stuff from the 70´s & early 80´s, solos and also with E-Street-Band. Like it very much, especially when he´s just playing the guitar and singing you get the feeling you´re sitting in his living-room.

• Like 4

ELO's music is usually great with how my Klipsch has always made and my F3's make an even better soundstage. I have sometimes moved around in the room to hear where certain frequencies/vocals/instruments appear to be. Nice that you scored some of Springsteen's stuff, some a capella music does seem very intimate.

• Like 4

PXL-20210422-230819774.jpg

`Nuff Said!

If you saw them in about 1980 you probably heard everything on this tape plus a couple extra from the next one that wasn't out yet. We did here, sro before that infamous stampede messed up tickets here back then.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Gorgeous weather today here. Doing yardwork to keep away from the paperwork I should be doing but it's Saturday & I'm going to do what I want.

Rocking Out for a few hours since I started with drowning out the barking rodents again.

PXL-20210515-192117982.jpg

• Like 2

Didn't buy cassettes too often, but needed this for the truck after seeing this incredible guy at the House of Blues back in Orlando.

Back when KMart had everything cheaper than everybody else!

PXL-20210519-225608953.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Found one that took me back. Kind of a dated 80s sound featuring the lead singer from Kansas... that's why I picked up the LP.

PXL-20210712-222655460.jpg

& Whitford / StHolmes most certainly came from all the touring Ted And Aerosmith did together back in the late 70s.

That cover s#cks but the rhythm guitarist from Aero plus the one from Nugent's band that was the lead singer for him?

Decent record... also a dated sound.

But take one look at me? Yea, I'm dated a little too:P 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had this one on the want-list for some time, no got around to buying it:

cover_233242452018_r.jpg

Who owned a Commore C64? Who knew the game ZOIDs? This is the tune frome the game:

http://deepsid.chordian.net/?file=/MUSICIANS/H/Hubbard_Rob/Zoids.sid

And here is the original:

Listened to the whole thing a few years back and found i liked the whole CD.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Had this one on the want-list for some time, no got around to buying it:

cover_233242452018_r.jpg

Who owned a Commore C64? Who knew the game ZOIDs? This is the tune frome the game:

http://deepsid.chordian.net/?file=/MUSICIANS/H/Hubbard_Rob/Zoids.sid

And here is the original:

Listened to the whole thing a few years back and found i liked the whole CD.

Too old to be that nerdy.  My half brother had one im sure.

• Haha 2