JohnJ

continue digital spinning with easy listening jazz style ....Diana Krall " Turn up the quiet " 2017 .  Sound like she performing life in my music room......

diana.thumb.jpg.3be861aa260e6cdad7c58864a1017cf8.jpg

Anyone notes that she spinn´s on a McIntosh MT 10 TT ?

609470290_macciMT10.thumb.jpg.33a5e7926df6e46ff5bbf093c6b66875.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Did I ever told you that I´m using for sound improvement a magnetic field eraser for my CD`S ?  It really works ...No snake oil

It´s a Furutech RD 2

rd2furutech.jpg.d770f3c5ecafa98ca52b363a0cada695.jpg

Here are some measurements showing the results ......

furutech2.jpg.0e745b709afde99b36dc71504704670d.jpg

First the signal before demagnetization is shown, error components come along with the 1kHz sinusoidal signal, which we interpret as noise or distortion components of magnetic fields.  You can see there next to the 1KHz signal empty parts, sound degrading partscaused by read errors.  The spreading of the errors suggests a poorer in and out oscillation behavior of the music. In addition, irregularities occur not only at 1KHz, but also in the range between 200-800Hz, which we also interpret as noise and distortion components.

furutech3.jpg.00252c2483e2819ab51dc7380cb60fef.jpg

After demagnetization, the noise next to the 1KHz signal has disappeared as well as the empty spots.  The signal is now smooth and the noise components before demagnetization have almost completely disappeared.  The signals in the other ranges are also more uniform and most of the interference in the 200~800Hz range has disappeared.  From these experimental results, it can be concluded that the signal-to-noise ratio has improved significantly, and audible distortion is reduced.  After demagnetization, the interference components are lower and the overall sound image is more cohesive from the bass to the high frequency range.

What leads to the magnetization of a DISC (CD) ?

The label print of a DISC contains chemical compositions, such as iron, Ni, and cobalt, which are strong magnetic materials that can be easily magnetized.

The read/write surface of a DISC contains 99% aluminum and 1% magnetic substances such as iron, Ni, and cobalt. By the way, aluminum is a paramagnetic material, which can also be easily affected by magnetism.

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

@JohnJ  I have a request  ..can you perhaps add additional taggs to this thread, such as CD Player , CD Accessories . I think that this medium dying out because of streaming should find more attention. 

Thanx ...

Not as heartfelt as with the stableboy, but run it ahead and start at 2:10!

• Haha 2

IMG_20211017_112738.thumb.jpg.eea52266391f0467188aeb261770636e.jpg

My girlfriend came back from Japan yesterday and brought this back for me:

https://www.discogs.com/de/release/16391550-Akira-Ifukube-Zyu-Akira-Ifukube-90th-Birthday-Concert

This is special interest really IMO. But Ifukubes life was very interesting and so is his music. A studied forester, he made his hobby his lifes blood. In the west he is mainly known for the music he composed for most of the old Godzilla movies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_Ifukube

• Like 4

On 10/14/2021 at 5:33 PM, MicroMara said:

Did I ever told you that I´m using for sound improvement a magnetic field eraser for my CD`S ?  It really works ...No snake oil

It´s a Furutech RD 2

rd2furutech.jpg.d770f3c5ecafa98ca52b363a0cada695.jpg

Here are some measurements showing the results ......

furutech2.jpg.0e745b709afde99b36dc71504704670d.jpg

First the signal before demagnetization is shown, error components come along with the 1kHz sinusoidal signal, which we interpret as noise or distortion components of magnetic fields.  You can see there next to the 1KHz signal empty parts, sound degrading partscaused by read errors.  The spreading of the errors suggests a poorer in and out oscillation behavior of the music. In addition, irregularities occur not only at 1KHz, but also in the range between 200-800Hz, which we also interpret as noise and distortion components.

furutech3.jpg.00252c2483e2819ab51dc7380cb60fef.jpg

After demagnetization, the noise next to the 1KHz signal has disappeared as well as the empty spots.  The signal is now smooth and the noise components before demagnetization have almost completely disappeared.  The signals in the other ranges are also more uniform and most of the interference in the 200~800Hz range has disappeared.  From these experimental results, it can be concluded that the signal-to-noise ratio has improved significantly, and audible distortion is reduced.  After demagnetization, the interference components are lower and the overall sound image is more cohesive from the bass to the high frequency range.

What leads to the magnetization of a DISC (CD) ?

The label print of a DISC contains chemical compositions, such as iron, Ni, and cobalt, which are strong magnetic materials that can be easily magnetized.

The read/write surface of a DISC contains 99% aluminum and 1% magnetic substances such as iron, Ni, and cobalt. By the way, aluminum is a paramagnetic material, which can also be easily affected by magnetism.

I took my Tri-Field Meter outside

and placed it on top of a glass table

- In the Zero to 100 milligauss Range

I recorded no change from ambient, using 1,2, 3 CDs

- In the 0-3 Milligauss Range

no change from ambient for 3 CDs

For Electrical Field and Radio Waves

3 CDs registered Zero emissions

My Cell and Cordless phones, on the other hand, really will cook your brain

Alarm clocks are very hot, moved mine to the other side of the bedroom

TVs, Amps, are hot, also moved to far wall from my fav chair.

My guess is that the motor in a CD player, and the power supply throw off easily measurable fields when you play a CD.

Smart Meters, are very active in the 2.4 GHz Range, I would need a different meter to measure it. I accept that active transmitters, do in fact transmit. So this is low priority spending.

If I ever replace my aluminum siding, it will be with steel siding, same as the next roof.

They really are cooking us ...........

• Like 2

On 10/14/2021 at 6:26 PM, MicroMara said:

Still fascinating ...Sade´s  second album ..." Stronger than pride " 1988

sade.thumb.jpg.9c06c0ec6f2b9b85a8debfc9edc1f758.jpg

Another performer, who is something of a weirdo in real life

Put out some great LPs in the smooth jazz era ........

Watched a favorable documentary on Rhonstadt the other night.

At one point she was sharing a beachfront property with Jackson Brown and several other headline, and A-list aspiring writers and performers. Sort of a mini Florence Renaissance in a house, creativity fuels creativity, along with sincere feedback aka constructive criticism.

Rhonstadt's comment was that artists tend to become very isolated once they achieve fame, since everyone around them is making money, or sponging off of them. So honest conversation goes out the window, and progressive isolation ensues. aka Howard Hughes Syndrome, everyone becomes a sycophant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

That would be a feat from way down here bud!

It just followed "The Road to Escondido" and I was enjoying it until not allowing youtube third party cookies crashed my pc.

Or was it msft wanting to know what I'm listening to??? I must be a t@rr*rist 🤣My firewall is turned off during that crash, so I have to dig deep and turn it back on fumsft.

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...