JohnJ

Appears that things in the Ukraine messed up shipping in Japan. Not just that direction but this way too.

So sad what the big dummies have brought to pass, it was foretold.

Filling in the gaps with my vinyl collection. Wipe the Windows... has so many good ones on it... ya can't take `em with you! Brothers and Sisters just sounds great, much better than my high mileage record! Beginnings I'll bring out later to indulge in.

PXL-20220408-180429670.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

@JohnJ  Dollar Gas is one of my favs!

Agreed. It's hard not to be if you like their music!

* Hey @MicroMara nice easy sounding music. If you open up on a nice day can you hear it surrounding those beautiful views you have from your place?

As a Klipsch-Head I've got to know!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3

Playing the CD which contains this track reminded me of a thought/ poem that is partly mentioned in it:

"Weißt du wirklich, was das heißt: allein zu sein unter den Sternen, preisgegeben der Unendlichkeit, die dich frieren lässt, sobald sie dein Bewusstsein streift? Wahrscheinlich weißt du es nicht. Die wenigsten haben es erfahren. Es ist das grausamste Glück, das man sich erträumen kann. Einige, die es durchleben mussten, haben dabei das Beten wieder gelernt; andere verloren den Verstand."

"Do you really know what it means: to be alone under the stars, exposed to the infinity that makes you shiver as soon as it touches your consciousness? You probably don't know. Few have experienced it. It is the cruelest happiness one can dream of. Some who lived through it learned how to pray again; others lost their minds."

Nikolai von Michalewsky

I devoured his SciFi books as a boy and i still return to his stories every now and then. The music is from the OST that belongs to the very well made audio books.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Agreed. It's hard not to be if you like their music!

* Hey @MicroMara nice easy sounding music. If you open up on a nice day can you hear it surrounding those beautiful views you have from your place?

As a Klipsch-Head I've got to know!

Well John ...we got typical april weather here, rain, sun, snow. Next week we shall get a period of real warm and sunny spring weather here. Then I will put the parasol and garden furniture on the big terrace and have a cocktail or two while listening to music

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've got that one, thought they might "go places". One of the only recordings I own that I had to adjust the sound on my new rig.  They are definitely retro sounding, I like it! The horrid mastering of that first cd I have, the other a primo Japanese version of their next is only slightly better `cause it came from the same place to start with.

• Like 1

VROOOM! 

If I wasn't listening to "Heaven & Hell" right now we might could do an overseas tandem play like some of the vinyl guys do with their good classical stuff!

PXL_20220409_213338532.jpg

*Wow! first time ever that postimage would not work for me probably maxed out here with that one pic!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

VROOOM! 

If I wasn't listening to "Heaven & Hell" right now we might could do an overseas tandem play like some of the vinyl guys do with their good classical stuff!

PXL_20220409_213338532.jpg

good idea John  but it´s allready 11.45 pm here, lets see how long I will be awake this evening. I am jealous of your Japanese pressing   😂

• Thanks 1