JohnJ

Recall that release that I talked about somewhere here that the LP was $300.00 and it was from the last decade?

The cds were even way overpriced... but I liked it. So kept checking and it was available last week at a normal price.

This kid is phenomenal!

PXL-20220430-212336812.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hear you, but it was `01. First heard him on tv at one of Clapton festivals with Bill Murray introducing the bands.

Now another new one in one of the five $3 discs I had put this up on the youtube thread about a month ago. He does a Dylan cover followed by one of JIMIs in here not to shabby.

PXL-20220505-205259379.jpg

• Like 3

When I do get my $%)* together the cd drawers will be a little more full. Now this has some of his regulars but the duet with Bonnie Raitt and the $3 tag drew me to it.

BB and a good sour to round out the night.

PXL-20220506-015301647.jpg

sorry for the vid, best I could fine within a min.

* geeze the man has so many vids up it's impossible!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I hear you, but it was `01. First heard him on tv at one of Clapton festivals with Bill Murray introducing the bands.

I remember when he was the child prodigy.  He was better than Jimi "they" said.  Ooooook, Imma gonna check this kid out.  He showed as a HEADLINER with Buddy Guy???  Nooooope, not, no way, ut uh but maybe???  Another NO so I was off to some Oktoberfest down in Columbus' German Village. 

Yup, there early and with no assigned seating ya get close and pee quick in the Porta pots.  Then pray the person that was saving your spot is still there when ya got back. I was on the fence w/friends pretty much center.  

Buddy Guy walked out and just slayed everything so I'm really wondering how good this kid is.  Buddy walked off and got into a lawn chair front side stage to watch the kid.  Kid walks out and starts playing and I wasn't impressed so I looked at Buddy and winked.  He grinned and winked back.  I just shook my head and he busted out laffin.  20 minutes later I waved bye bye to him and he started laffin again.  I KNOW two of us knew...  He might be fantastic now but I've heard that before. :)

Change my mind but it better be better than sex is alllll I can tell ya!  :)

Yea John, I remember that Clapton festival.  hahah  Tal killed it w/Jeff Beck!  :)

• Thanks 2

Dinner and a movie... not in a while.

Dinner & good tunes... often.

PXL-20220506-215920499.jpg

PXL-20220506-222723407.jpg

Saw mention of one of the tunes being addictive at youtube. I'd say it is close and listening to each a couple of times has this rocker being enriched just by other genres due to these forums. Tamale Day is the new start to my weekends!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

King Crimson had what, I think six different groups of musicians. If so this was the sixth group in 2003. Mostly instrumentals, aggressive ones at that. A DGM made in Japan this time via IL.

Sounds even better on my new hardware, a Pioneer BDR-S13J-X that I managed a deal on.

PXL-20220517-172057512.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cheap is small and not too steep
But best of all cheap is cheap
Circumstance has forced my hand
To be a cut price person in a low budget land
Times are hard but we'll all survive
I just got to learn to economize

I'm on a low budget
I'm on a low budget
I'm not cheap, you understand
I'm just a cut price person in a low budget land

• Like 3

On 5/7/2022 at 12:34 AM, JohnJ said:

Dinner and a movie... not in a while.

Dinner & good tunes... often.

PXL-20220506-222723407.jpg

Saw mention of one of the tunes being addictive at youtube. I'd say it is close and listening to each a couple of times has this rocker being enriched just by other genres due to these forums. Tamale Day is the new start to my weekends!

gorgeous

• Like 2