JohnJ

Just now, Schu said:

Another thing I have found is that a great sounding LP is independent of its final weight... 180/200 gram LP's can, and often do,  sound terrible.

Agreed, some of my paper thin 70s originals resonate the bass extremely well and also image the mid and high range like nothing else does. How about the mid-weight 140 g "Nightfly" by Donald Fagan.... nice.  I've been lucky with the heavy weight stuff, mfsl too.. could have just been my choice of titles!

• Like 1

This came down from MN with the double disc yesterday. Hard to find, very nice from the perspective of beer drinking and crusin' on your bike for days on end.

It takes a lot of pit stops and around the South it did sound like these guys more often than not when you walked in!

the Four Horseman:

IMG-20181028-150239.jpg

• Like 1

This one's the last of what came yesterday, with an edge again like me today.

Has no oobi but usually imports from Japan are well done copies this one is too.

Another unnecessary cassette now, can't find anyone around here to repair my C-300 Pro so hey this will never get screwy like a tape with mileage on it.

IMG-20181028-151911.jpg 

10 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Still on the Floyd ten minutes in, sounds like the Dogs!! Nice find @dirtmudd!

That Alice in Chains show is an awesome sounding live record if you can find it.

MTV has some good recording equipment in that studio:

IMG-20181028-220247.jpg

Playing it now.... $3 dollar store find...CD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ya got me on that one.

Mine was $25 from amazon new in plastic.

Still rocking that Floyd for 25 more minutes -

into the Pigs now

In The Flesh Tour
Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
Oakland-CA, USA
MAY/09/1977

Animals. One of their best LPs!

• Like 2

Agree that there is little correlation between vinyl thickness and quality. Like schu I agree that 45 rpm vinyl is the cats meow.  One of the reasons I love my Tt is that all well mastered vinyl sounds like a 45. Can’t say I ever experienced that with a belt drive tt. 

J

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joshnich said:

Agree that there is little correlation between vinyl thickness and quality. Like schu I agree that 45 rpm vinyl is the cats meow.  One of the reasons I love my Tt is that all well mastered vinyl sounds like a 45. Can’t say I ever experienced that with a belt drive tt. 

J

How's that tsd-15 sounding ?

And your using diy custom lenco idler... If I remember correctly

Audio Fidelity makes a good cd also, not as full spectrum or timbre perfect as their heavy LPs but you can hear that they can compete with the analog in sound quality. & I've just got a cd (redbook) transport.

IMG-20181029-225423.jpg

* Roy Delgado's Forte IIIs help this type of song just appear that Heart are in the room here with me!

• Sad 1

On 10/27/2018 at 10:48 PM, JohnJ said:

Agreed, some of my paper thin 70s originals resonate the bass extremely well and also image the mid and high range like nothing else does. How about the mid-weight 140 g "Nightfly" by Donald Fagan.... nice.  I've been lucky with the heavy weight stuff, mfsl too.. could have just been my choice of titles!

That's why setting the proper vta . on

your turntable is important...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

That's why setting the proper vta . on

your turntable is important...

Yep!  a nice cart & RTFM!!

& I get sidetracked easily, more talk about the original 12" discs here since I started this thread:rolleyes:

This one's different, and can't hear this anywhere without memories.

Should be a thread about notable bands that had off key or sharp vocals.

IMG-20181101-111416.jpg

• Like 1