JohnJ

Game's starting, gotta run These guys... if you ever get the chance, I'm sure they're even better now than thirty years ago when I saw `em open for... then back up Robert Plant down in Columbia, SC.

IMG-20190326-191407.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 9:43 PM, oldtimer said:

Bunch of jerks---no match for the caps.

You should know :tongue:

I guess when a southern USA hockey players feet fly over his head when a cap swipes his stick under him it's not a penalty!! Saw two trips not get called in the first `cause we were near Holtby! Quit counting then. Caniacs see this a lot when we play teams from CA up there or original six teams even at home.

At Colo last week two high sticks with a bleeding Cane afterwards did not merit a damn single penalty!

Still we've gotten better this year, just not back to where we were in `02 or `06

Me neither @oldtimer but I've really liked some of their players over the years.

This one had esp but none of our guys were receptive to it when he bilked our owner!!

301-Semin-s-6-million-Belly-Flop-No-Look

Semin's $6 million BellyFlop-No-Look-Backwards 5-Hole Goal on Bachman

• 2 weeks later...

Recorded live at the Concertgebouw (1973)

King Crimson The Night Watch  album cover

4.45 | 285 ratings | 25 reviews | 53% 5 stars

Essential: a masterpiece of
progressive rock music

Write a review
Buy KING CRIMSON Music
from Progarchives.com partners

Live, released in 1997

Songs / Tracks Listing

Disc 1: 40:47
1. Easy Money (6:15) 
2. Lament (4:14) 
3. Book of Saturday (4:09) 
4. Fracture (11:28) 
5. The Night Watch (5:28) 
6. Improv: Starless and Bible Black (9:13) 

Disc 2: 43:46
1. Improv: Trio (6:09) 
2. Exiles (6:38) 
3. Improv: The Fright Watch (6:03) 
4. The Talking Drum (6:35) 
5. Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part Two (7:51) 
6. 21st Century Schizoid Man (10:30) 

Total Time 84:30

Line-up / Musicians

- Robert Fripp / guitar, mellotron 
- Bill Bruford / drums 
- David Cross / violin, mellotron 
- John Wetton / bass, vocals 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I am currently listening to a 4 CD release of 

King Crimson - The Great Deceiver 

But im my case it’s streamed over the Bluesound Node 

The+Great+Deceiver+Box+Set.jpg

am the driver of an underground train
Chaos in the streets above, to me it's all the same
I shake your houses, then I'm gone keeping time down here below
I could drive my train to hell, not a soul would know

I am the driver of an underground train
Just imagine who I am and breathe the letters of my name
Any time you say the word my wheels and humming on the line
We'll be meeting face to face, we'll be meeting face to face, somewhere beyond the danger sign

The lonely life can't bother me, far away from wind and pain
I come upon the station lights with a mighty rushing sound
Listen for the hiss of brakes in tunnels underneath your town

Climb aboard, just climb aboard, your loss is my eternal gain
Squeeze your precious body in before I quickly close the doors
Come riding in the smoky dark, where you are mine, and I am yours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Half emptied the cabinet so I could move it... I put five big a&%ed (2" diameter or bigger) rotating ball coasters on the bottom of it and that hasn't turned out to be the best idea I ever had.

So I've got to level the tt all over again but after pulling the records and cds out been jamming back here....

This one will be good for putting on again when I get the SVS SB-3000 in later this week, it's got some low resounding bass lines in it.

IMG-20190407-193439.jpg

• Like 1

Anybody here remember the Warner/Reprise Loss Leader album series??  They used to put a flyer/order form in album...they were very cheap and had large variety of artists on each one...some of the stuff on them was never releases on any other albums by some of the artists.

bigball.thumb.JPG.ede6ba73ef7a0719f334559cdb5dc369.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Among others...the Fugs, Captain Beefheart, mothers of invention, Joni Mitchell, Randy Neuman...the list goes on and on...!  They came out with a dozen or so of them...most were double albums...even a few triple albums!

The vast majority had mostly standard radio cuts, but some had extended cuts, session work, unreleased stuff, and they weren't too picky about what was left in while the mike was still hot between cuts ...so you got some hilarious stuff at times!

There were some really hilarious tongue-n-cheek adds  for the corporate, too, on most of them like the Virgin Vinyl ad!!!

14 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Among others...the Fugs, Captain Beefheart, mothers of invention, Joni Mitchell, Randy Neuman...the list goes on and on...!  They came out with a dozen or so of them...most were double albums...even a few triple albums!

The vast majority had mostly standard radio cuts, but some had extended cuts, session work, unreleased stuff, and they weren't too picky about what was left in while the mike was still hot between cuts ...so you got some hilarious stuff at times!

There were some really hilarious tongue-n-cheek adds  for the corporate, too, on most of them like the Virgin Vinyl ad!!!

& seeing that picture up now, Arlo Guthrie?, the Grateful Dead, Neil Young, Jethro Tull also on the top row!

For $2.00!

10 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

& seeing that picture up now, Arlo Guthrie?, the Grateful Dead, Neil Young, Jethro Tull also on the top row!

For $2.00!

I think it was in 1969 that I ordered my first one....they shipped by mail in very sturdy cartons...it was "SONGBOOK"...afterwards I ordered new ones whenever they were offered until I went into the Army in 1972...and when I got out of the Army and went home my dad handed me a stack of unopened cartons that had arrived while I was gone....I had forgotten that I had even ordered them!

• Like 1