JohnJ

Smart. They've spread it out so much to try to get their side to win that we can vote a month prior now at places.

I remember waiting to vote in a line wrapped around the school.. 1980 Reagan I think. Back when only citizens could vote here in the USA.

Time to put on some bell bottoms, my tyedyed shirt and make a sign "The End Is Near" and hang out at the corner!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Too hot to finish up trimming the bushes at the patio and around the perimeter...besides it's Sunday. So taking it easy and listening to Quadrophenia for it's entirety, had to change it up some.

This will do that just fine.

IMG-20190526-204052.jpg

Haven't had this on since the sub got here. Had it set at 48hz, 10 higher than the Klipsch cover, bumped it up to 58 just for the heck of it..... might leave it here for a while. The CXA does a good job handing off the low signals to the sub. And it blends with the speakers, heck straight across from them it is coming from them!

• Like 2

IMG-20190526-213745.jpg

Checkers/Marlies going to OT tonight Checkers up 3-2 in the series, stagnant in the third.

No tv, the AHL doesn't have play by play for games. Couldn't go and 4000 empty seats at the coliseum tonight.

• Like 1

These guys; if you got a chance to see them before they were headliners here in the states. Wow, guess I use that word a lot, it beats cussing all the time though. The high levels of toxic Alpha masculinity on and off the stage was apparent to anyone over the age of 14. They beat the cr&p out of every instrument they had and made it very hard on whoever was headlining the show, to appear to be the headliner.

IMG-20190530-204113.jpg

Don't think it's called heavy metal anymore, that station on the tv sounds like thrash rock only.

JP went a little spacey or dare I say had a theatric/progressive tilt to some tunes.

Might be a re-post for me, sorry I need a little JP every now and then and this disc does it for me!

"Cheater" has a special place in my heart several bands do a song about that bad other half, JP does it well!

• Like 2

Sure it still is.... but listen to that LP it is very good hard rock without the thrash that's seemingly almost required by some new bands. Maybe it's because it is closer to that simpler blues based rock from long ago. Whatever @oldtimer they're timeless to me except some of their late 80s early 90s semi-pop music that I've got too.

The Wolves do an intro for their three Calder Cup Finals games at home against my Checkers. Wolves in a well lit cavern pushing a puck around blasting "Jump Start My Heart" by the Crue.

Checkers knocked em dead in five.

IMG-20190609-140103.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Loved this Smokin' OP's disc the last couple of days back and forth to downtown.

Saw soulful (blues actually) mentioned with Janis in the vinyl thread just now

Bob is no slouch in this regard either:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

90's were interesting in it's own way.

This guy... you couldn't say he wasn't original.

Beck

IMG-20190314-195603.jpg

Ala Frank Zapa. Except that I like Beck,..... Zapa not so much.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

These guys could ROCK!! & I wish I'd seen them more that just once, but in a small venue... a bar that held  >500 people that's not bad at all. Late 80s and they still had it going on.

IMG-20190713-212228.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...