JohnJ

Guten Morgen JohnJ !

It is winter in Germany, it was snowing last night, but now the cold sun is shining again. Time for some electronic music with "Kraftwerk" the fathers of electro pop and the Swiss band "Yello" with the fantastic voice of Mr. Dieter Meyer and the god of electronic sounds Mr. Boris Blank.

Kraftwerk1.jpg

Yello.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That goes back to the early 80s for me with a certain group that I hung out with for a few years until I had to get sober!

808State was the one I remember being a heavyweight besides the regulars Cure, Depeche Mode, the The, Violent Femes & twenty more.

On 10/27/2018 at 9:33 PM, JohnJ said:

Think I've got about two hundred of each now, the LP storage is full already have a foot tall stack removed. Cd's would take a few months to share them all here.

IMG-20181027-212814.jpg

Here's one that I had made at a custom furniture store. I just told them to make X model book case at only half the depth. 7' tall, 4' wide and holds about 1,400 discs.

IMG_20200228_110847.jpg

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

That is a bunch of cds @Mighty Favog, not much filler. Just the one bust!

🙂 That's Bethoven. On one episode of the Muppets, Dog is playing the piano with a bust of Bethoven, then the bust starts to move his head with the music. It goes with my screen name. MF was one of the first Muppets that Jim Henson had on SNL in the 70's.

There's room for one more row of discs on top of the top row if I put in a layer of posterboard. So there's another 120 or so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/28/2020 at 5:13 PM, Mighty Favog said:

Here's one that I had made at a custom furniture store. I just told them to make X model book case at only half the depth. 7' tall, 4' wide and holds about 1,400 discs.

IMG_20200228_110847.jpg

can´t believe this list of equipment and CD`s 😵

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MicroMara said:

@JohnJ   Did you get these from Bob James?  " OBSESSION " 1986 ....heavenly ...0010.gif

Very limited in my "softer" music collection, don't have that but thanks. I'll look it up on youtube and bookmark it maybe.

Playback on my pc is very good since I put the Polks up high and in the corners. The 60 or whatever watts class d helps too. They're small bookshelfs but 13" deep 94 db sensitivity and dig into the low 40hz range and I'd swear they matched up well in a few aspects with my old Heresy IIs.

• Like 3

My work-free days are now over, from Monday morning I will go to work again, so I will be able to be with you in the near future only on weekends. I am already looking forward to next weekend . Just listen to Al Jarreau´s We got by 1975 and Al Jarreau´s " Glow " 1976 . Famouse ...010.gif

Algrünkleiner.jpg

Alrotkleiner.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1