La Scala Mods

ajsons

1 hour ago, ajsons said:

DO YOU HAVE AN OFFICIAL DRAWING?

I don't need an official drawing to be able to take the dimensions from one of your drawings and see that your own dimensions do not resolve correctly to each other.

Specifically, the "Needs to be checked" section of sheet 7 on page 1 of this thread.

It doesn't check out.

The pieces do NOT match up correctly.

You yourself were the one who told me that a good CAD program wouldn't lie.

I've taken your dimensions and drafted them in a CAD program with accuracy set at five decimal places and they do not work.

The 2 versions that you sent Bruce didn't jive either.

Now maybe you have already fixed the dimensions on Sheet 7 and this is much ado about nothing.

If not, those pieces aren't going to go together correctly and I can prove it.

I have 4 classics. Two I grew up with, one I built in HS, and one I bought from the grandson of the guy who built it. Also a friend has another my father built along with a match we built together. They all are close but with variations. My fathers are 35 and 37. Mine is 37 and the grandpa was very different with a doghouse that was built a little different altogether. THEY ALL SOUND THE SAME. Also there is a current ebay auction with one factory and one clone built 4" smaller probably to accommodate a window sill or something and if you were blindfolded I doubt you could tell. 
Three decimal points? It's called wood glue!!! I don't have any pull here. But some long time members have done some wonderful things for the group, be kind and respectful!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pr-University-Speakers-Model-S-8-Classic-For-Western-Electric-1086B-Amplifiers/192712870730?hash=item2cde950b4a:g:d7IAAOSwtida64Tm:rk:50:pf:0

here is the pair my father built with my new crossovers and I'll add more later

unispkse.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fanplant said:

! I don't have any pull here. But some long time members have done some wonderful things for the group, be kind and respectful!

Nor me , as a johnny come lately. would be a tremendous shame if interpersonal frictions stopped the sharing of knowledge :S

Apologies if that comes across as a little self serving, given i've expressed an interest in building a set of these. #peace

• Like 2