Chorus ii v Heresy iii

Martin O'Neill

I don't disagree with you here.  I often prefer to listen without a sub when possible.   I liek the option of being able to run speakers full range and implement a sub or subs when I deem it necessary.   I hate try to imagine what a speaker Will or will not sound like based on numbers paper.  I have owned the heresy IIIs and thd dig sufficiently deep for many types of music I feel.   I did not find myself wishing for a sub most of the time.  The bass from them is quick, snappy and punchy.  They might surprise you with the depth they plumb sometimes, especially with in room compensation.  They did for me.  OP didn't state listening habits or room so it is difficult to speculate. 

2 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I don't disagree with you here.  I often prefer to listen without a sub when possible.   I liek the option of being able to run speakers full range and implement a sub or subs when I deem it necessary.   I hate try to imagine what a speaker Will or will not sound like based on numbers paper.  I have owned the heresy IIIs and thd dig sufficiently deep for many types of music I feel.   I did not find myself wishing for a sub most of the time.  The bass from them is quick, snappy and punchy.  They might surprise you with the depth they plumb sometimes, especially with in room compensation.  They did for me.  OP didn't state listening habits or room so it is difficult to speculate. 

You hit on a very key point here and it is the reason I only sell speakers in person. We all have somewhat subjective opinions as to what sounds best once you get past specs and charts. Once a set of KP-450's arrived here a whole world opened up that I had no idea existed. I am fortunate in that I have had a chance to listen to a wide variety of Klipsch here in my shop and play with them at length so my opinion as to what sounds good varies from many who have never heard various speakers. You judge things on what you have heard after all.

• Like 1

Darn ... you just missed these for $600 ... see:

There is also a pair on US AudioMart for $1000 ... Austin, TX.  Don't know where you are located :(  https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649468925-klipsch-chorus-ii-speakers-location-pickup-in-austin-area/images/2023912/  

If I were in your position, I'd pick up the Heresy III's for $900, which is a great price :)  You could probably sell those "overnight" for $800-1000 when you "find" your Chorus speakers.  Did you consider Cornwall's or is the footprint too large? :) 

Haha ... pushing the Heresy's because once you start on this process you will be upgrading anyway ... Heresy's, then Chorus, then Pro speakers, etc.  Haha; been there, done that :D 

Cheers, Emile

9 hours ago, Martin O'Neill said:

Can you give me your definition of bass dependent music? 

Anything below the low frequency cutoff point of the Heresy III's, which is 58Hz. Sure, that includes hip hop, rap, and electronic, but you'll hear it in jazz (acoustic bass) and reggae too.

I play my Crites modded Forte Is thru my Mcintosh Ma252 and have a large HSU Powered Subwoofer to fill in below the Fortes and I am always blown away by the fullness I FEEL. It could be an Anita Baker LP or a Jackson Brown LP or David Guetta or Lady Gaga --- that low base just fills in nicely even though the Fortes go down to 32hz. I]m still trying to figure out why so many Klipsche Forum folks appear to not like the feel of a good subwoofer?????? my VTF-2 MK5 Subwoofer goes down to 18hz

3 hours ago, Martin O'Neill said:

Going with Heresy iii

could not turn down the price $800

should have them by the end of the week. 

Thank you for thoughts and ideas. 

Congrats in advance!  Make sure to post some pics when you get them!

On 10/29/2018 at 9:57 AM, Martin O'Neill said:

Thank you the 3's are only used for 6 months and are $900 I felt it was in the range of the C2 was try to compare something from  the 90's to the present H3 

Thank you sorry kinda of excited. LOL

BTW wvu80 just for the record I paid $800 for the Heresy iii including all the paper work and boxes,😃

• Like 1

I have Heresy IIs, and have powered them with a 75 wpc SS amp but usually with my 3.5 watt SET amps. Specs say 50-20k -3db...

It's not like you don't hear anything below that, you certainly do. I listen to Bela Fleck and the Flecktones... no problem. Never been dissappointed in them. Would subs and more beefy bottom end? Sure, but I think you will like the HIIIs. What they do they do really well.

Bruce