Chorus ii v Heresy iii

Martin O'Neill

Ok just hooked my new Heresy 3's and I am blown away.   

Would like a few suggestions 

Currently in a room that is 15x25. 

I have the speakers 11ft apart and about 2 1/2 from the back wall. 

Is this a good spacing?

Listen about 12 ft back. 

They are playing through a Mac MA 252 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

IMG_5677.JPG

IMG_5678.JPG

Agree with the rug suggestion also.  Strongly recommend that.    Experiment with 1 foot or closer to back wall.  I have found personally that heritage models really depend on the rear wall for bass reinforcement.  Many other speakers become boomy in doing so, but not the heritage models.   My Cornwalls needed to be on the back wall and they sounded amazing and balanced while taking up minimal floor space.   You are going to love your heresys.   If I didn't have to give up my smaller room for an addition to the family.... I would have a pair of them in there.  

• Like 1

Thank to all for your suggestions. 

Cant believe how clear clean and loud these speakers are. 

They do sound much better closer to my back walls. 

Going to try the rugs tomorrow. 

My initial reaction is the bass is just fine. 

The only issue is it took me so long to purchase them. 

• Like 3

In my room they sounded HUGE Soundstage wise, probably due to their small size.   The bass was very full and satisfying to me regardless of in the inability on paper to plumb the depth.   I felt that they were precisely balanced top to bottom and no frequencies reared their ugly head of called attention.   I also owned the Cornwall III and the Forte III and I preferred the heresys the most if that tells you anything?   Congrats. 

2 hours ago, Martin O'Neill said:

I have one one more question?

How can I put banana clips into the Heresy 3's

The caps do not screw off?

If you have a pic I would appreciate it. 

If you're using a bare wire connection right now, just leave it that way unless you move your stuff around a lot and need to disconnect everything frequently.

Banana plugs don't offer any benefit other than that.

• Like 1

The gear list is coming. I'm not done.  I just bought two wyred 4 Sound units and had to sell them both.   Once Cory offered me a deal on the 396s that he knew I wanted, I couldn't say no.  As you can see, I am putting the biggest in the room that I can get away with without it looking too ridiculous.  Waiting for the last piece on order, the preamp. 

4 hours ago, Huiez said:

I have not heard Heresy III. I do have a set of Heresy I's that I really like. That being said I also have some Chorus II and they spank the Heresy I in all departments IMO.

No contest.

That is why you rarely see Chorus IIs for sale. I bought mine 4 years before the Belles. They are in storage for my future man cave. Belles in the Living Room.

Great bass and mid horn at ear level in my seating positions in the past. Very poor quality crossover components that can easily be remedied. 

On 11/7/2018 at 8:26 PM, Martin O'Neill said:

The only issue is it took me so long to purchase them.

Where have I heard that before? 🙄

Welcome to the forums! I have HIIs, would love some IIIs. The more models you hear, the harder it gets to choose.

Bruce

• Like 1