Hurricane Michael

boom3

Well, my partner, I and our cats survived. The house took serious damage and we are in a condo friend has lent us. The Forum will probably be interested to know that our Corns and Klipsch-derived center all survived fine. My Dahlquist DQ-10s in my study, which was hardest hit of all the house, did not. I did save the Philips midranges which are unobtanium now and someday I will build a pair similar to the DQ-10s with more modern technology.

I do not have regular internet access yet so any replies may be delayed by a day or so.

Scott

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2018 at 8:05 PM, boom3 said:

Well, my partner, I and our cats survived. The house took serious damage and we are in a condo friend has lent us. The Forum will probably be interested to know that our Corns and Klipsch-derived center all survived fine. My Dahlquist DQ-10s in my study, which was hardest hit of all the house, did not. I did save the Philips midranges which are unobtanium now and someday I will build a pair similar to the DQ-10s with more modern technology.

I do not have regular internet access yet so any replies may be delayed by a day or so.

Scott

Just curious, what area are you in? The damage was pretty widespread, glad you're ok.

• 2 weeks later...

We just moved my Dad back to Indiana from PCB. He's getting too old to live on his own, we thought about keeping his house for a nice vacation spot, but thought the house would suffer from being vacant for months at a time. I really like it down there. I did a few days at St George Island and fell in love with that area.