Class D amplifiers are cool

Khornukopia

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, rhing said:

What happened to the Class D thread started by wdecho? I noticed he’s no longer a forum member either. Odd 🤔

He graduated from the same Dale Carnegie course as Al K and Mark D.  It’s too bad losing such valuable resources.  Takes a thick skin to ignore trolls.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DizRotus said:

He graduated from the same Dale Carnegie course as Al K and Mark D.  It’s too bad losing such valuable resources.  Takes a thick skin to ignore trolls

We ain't trollin'...

17 hours ago, DizRotus said:

He graduated from the same Dale Carnegie course as Al K and Mark D.  It’s too bad losing such valuable resources.  Takes a thick skin to ignore trolls.

I believe he was a good person but the issues he had wasn’t from trolling and IMHO he brought it on himself ...

miketn

Well all I can say is that wdecho has been extremely helpful in my quest to build a Pass DIY Sony VFET Class A amplifier. He sold me a rare set of the Sony VFETs along with the First Watt printed circuit boards, Aluminum heatsink mounting brackets, and he has shared numerous DIY tips with me and many here on the Klipsch community forums.

The Class D amplification thread that wdecho initiated was very informative and a great exchange of ideas on coupling new amplifier technology with vintage Klipsch Heritage speaker systems. 

I am not aware of what happened here, but I still correspond with wdecho on a DIY forum, and he remains generous with his knowledge and very courteous.

• Like 3

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:28 PM, rhing said:

The Class D amplification thread that wdecho initiated was very informative and a great exchange of ideas on coupling new amplifier technology with vintage Klipsch Heritage speaker systems. 

I am not aware of what happened here, ...

Yes it had a lot of good information from him and many forum members. I don't know what happened either.

William is an excellent resource and was helpful when I first became interested in building Pass amps. It's too bad that he had to leave... a big loss to the Klipsch Community. I got in communication via email because I had questions with my current Aleph J amplifier project. The good news is that he's still helping.

On 12/1/2018 at 9:28 PM, rhing said:

Well all I can say is that wdecho has been extremely helpful in my quest to build a Pass DIY Sony VFET Class A amplifier. He sold me a rare set of the Sony VFETs along with the First Watt printed circuit boards, Aluminum heatsink mounting brackets, and he has shared numerous DIY tips with me and many here on the Klipsch community forums.

I am not aware of what happened here, but I still correspond with wdecho on a DIY forum, and he remains generous with his knowledge and very courteous.

Sounds to me like you have the closest thing to a SIT-3 Amplifier??