Help buying new TV, old one died (TV bought!)

wvu80

I have owned my Samsung UN65KS9500 4K HDR LED LCD for two years now and am still blown away by the picture quality.  Inky blacks, bright vivid accurate colors, and without any professional calibration.  Just use the "natural" setting.  I thought it would be tough to better my previous Samsung 59" plasma but overall this TV trumps it in most areas except refresh rate and motion blur which is two areas plasma was king.  Though with fast paced sports scenes my 65" does a very good job of not ghosting or creating noticeable motion blur.

Bill

its worth it...

on the samsung website

Up to 40% off on select QLED TVs

Black Friday prices start now. No lines. No hassle. Only savings. Save up to $1,500 now.

the Q7 is 2700 on the samsung website. better confirm its not an open box or refurb

On 11/10/2018 at 7:07 AM, Schu said:

Anyone want to buy my 65" 1080p plasma or 65" 4k uhd oled... I am looking at 82" qleds

I saw an 82” Samsung at sams Club yesterday. Instead of a projector you could build a HT around one. 

I’ll tell you what surprised me. There was a $600 TCL 65 inch beside a 55 inch LG OLED. Judging on nothing but side-by-side comparison the TCL looked incredibly impressive!

This was a bigger Sam’s Club then what I have at home so there  were many more TVs for me to view. I probably studied critically for about an hour many of those TVs side-by-side, at some point it’s hard to tell the difference the picture quality is so good.

• Thanks 1

A 60” -65” Sony should be fine. You will be surprised at how large they are in your living room. Everything is to a different scale than in the showroom. I don’t like to spend too much on TVs anymore because they just don’t last like they used to. I think the 4K is overhyped at this point - very little content available. I took a pass on it when we replaced our set two years ago.

• Thanks 1

@YK Thom Thanks for the feedback.

I’ve decided absolutely, 100% I am going for the Vizio PK 65. No doubt, when it drops to $1400.

Until I go to Sam’s Club and see a 70 inch or 75 inch in the same price range and then I waffle. I think the Viz is my default choice I think the Sony is number two and of course I really like the Samsung QLED. 

I think I’m just going to be patient and wait till Black Friday or cyber Monday and see what the deals are. By the time I’ve made my decision something else is going to drop down into my price range.

I find the confusion and making a decision very distressful. Maybe something will drop into my vision and make an obvious choice for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

@YK Thom Thanks for the feedback.

I’ve decided absolutely, 100% I am going for the Vizio PK 65. No doubt, when it drops to $1400.

Until I go to Sam’s Club and see a 70 inch or 75 inch in the same price range and then I waffle. I think the Viz is my default choice I think the Sony is number two and of course I really like the Samsung QLED. 

I think I’m just going to be patient and wait till Black Friday or cyber Monday and see what the deals are. By the time I’ve made my decision something else is going to drop down into my price range.

I find the confusion and making a decision very distressful. Maybe something will drop into my vision and make an obvious choice for me.

I never have distress and confusion. I put into my mind what I want then buy it. Done deal. Example 1965 K-horns and Cornwall. I said "How much are they and how long do I have to wait" They said The price and wait 3 months. Then I said "The check is in the mail".

JJK

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

never have distress and confusion. I put into my mind what I want then buy it  

OK, now you’re just showing off! LOL

I don’t think I need help buying a TV, I just think I need help. 🤨

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 7:29 AM, wvu80 said:

My lust for a 75" might be overcome by my lust for $500.

Haha; understand :D But look at the cost over the life of the unit. $500 over 5 years (or more) is only 25 cents a day :D Haha, go for the 75" one ... or the QLED ... or the OLED :)  

Cheers, Emile

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Pull the trigger dammit.

You're right.  I'm such a cheap arse I'm waiting for the price to drop a hundred bucks for Black Friday.  Until then I have to go with my 22" TV's. 

No emoticons in your honor.

• Thanks 2