Klipschorn top hat rattle

Maximus89

I’ve got rattling with heavy bass on my left khorn top. These are decorators with the top sitting directly on the bass bin. No collar or anything. Was wondering if furniture pads will take care of the rattling but will it have negative effect with the bass since the bottom plate of the top acts as the top of the bass bin? Will the smal air gap be an issue?

thanks

Is there a fastener that isn't connected correctly? 

Sure looks like that could be the case. There’s a small gap on the top plate and when I move it, it gets lopsided. Strange how I didn’t notice it until now since these are fairly new to me and I just got them hooked up month and a half ago or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

I’ve got rattling with heavy bass on my left khorn top. These are decorators with the top sitting directly on the bass bin. No collar or anything. Was wondering if furniture pads will take care of the rattling but will it have negative effect with the bass since the bottom plate of the top acts as the top of the bass bin? Will the smal air gap be an issue?

thanks

I would source some of the cork round pads from Home Depot. Stick two together to prevent damaging the finish. Use one in the middle also. 

Some do not like the isolation used in the La Scala ii. It is a factory rubber doughnut. Maybe not the most elegant. But effective.

I would source some of the cork round pads from Home Depot. Stick two together to prevent damaging the finish. Use one in the middle also. 
  Some do not like the isolation used in the La Scala ii. It is a factory rubber doughnut. Maybe not the most elegant. But effective.

Yeah my la scala industrial splits had those rubber pads st the bottom of the top as well. Was thinking about that.

Not sure what you mean by sticking two cork pads together to prevent damage? Like from the cork scratching the bass bin? Mine doesn’t have veneer on the top of the bass bin so no need to worry about that if that’s what you meant

5 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

Yeah my la scala industrial splits had those rubber pads st the bottom of the top as well. Was thinking about that.

Not sure what you mean by sticking two cork pads together to prevent damage? Like from the cork scratching the bass bin? Mine doesn’t have veneer on the top of the bass bin so no need to worry about that if that’s what you meant

I was thinking about putting the glue sides together. Two sandwiches together may be thick enough.