considering trying a tube amp

isotopesope

On 11/2/2018 at 12:06 PM, KlipschFan61 said:

Heritage Klipsch were born for tubes.

16 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

But not for Hip Hop. 

Wb

2 hours ago, isotopesope said:

I've requested exactly zero speaker recommendations.  You either can't read, arrogantly think your baseless opinion has any weight with me, or you're trying to sneak in some BS dog whistle dig.  Either way, welcome to my ignore list.  

I would suggest you reread  the three quotes above from this thread and your original post, where you expressed a desire to play 'Hip Hop' through a tube amp, and figure out through something called deductive reasoning whom exactly I was replying too. 

Wb

Having spent the majority of my recent time of owning lascala's with some home brew Tube lab Simple SE amps,I unhesitatingly recommend these amps with the lascala. I built one of my Simple SE amps with the very inexpensive Hammond 125ESE output transformers, these amps rock (including bass) with the Lascala.Using 6l6GC russian tubes, about 380volt b+ and solid state rectification with cap input filter and a large choke.Very quiet, but not dead silent.Some hum when your head is in the bass bin, some tube hiss.Very liveable.I am running one of the amps in triode mode (125ESE) and one of them in ultralinear (big edcors) I think I narrowly prefer the Hammond 125 ESE cheapie transformers in triode mode. It produces maybe 5 watts in triode, and the one with the Edcor transformers may be making about 10-12 watts in ultralinear. Great sounding circuit from George at Tubelab.No affiliation of any kind, just a satisfied customer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 10:11 AM, CECAA850 said:

Personal insults will get the thread locked.

thank.  what about sanctimonious thread crapping from dog whistle know-it-all ****** bags?   looks like they deleted my comment, so the snowflake is safe.  whew!  thoughts and prayers to woof brain.

On 11/30/2018 at 9:13 AM, isotopesope said:

hmmm, thanks!  looks intriguing. 

well, after realizing the clay waste line to my 120 year old house needs replaced and was quoted 1$3K for the job, i am holding off picking up any test tube babies until i can address this. 

granted, after I declared this to myself, a mega-McIntosh auction with MANY tube mono blocks has popped up here to taunt me:

https://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/timed/hamilton-group/catalogue-id-bsctheh10116/search-filter?archiveSearch=False&sortTerm=lowBid

also some Dynaco's, Fisher's, etc. 

2 hours ago, isotopesope said:

thank.  what about sanctimonious thread crapping from dog whistle know-it-all ****** bags?   looks like they deleted my comment, so the snowflake is safe.  whew!  thoughts and prayers to woof brain.

Well look who just blew in to troll his own thread again. Guess you've been busy blowing through your waste line? Since it seems you're mostly comprised of Tellurium I suspect that you fit right in. Most be a difficult life where everything exists just to 'taunt' you.

Wb