Oldtimer's hot sauces

jimjimbo

16 hours ago, ssh said:

I've been dipping Jim's green beans into a combination of Oldtimer's yellow sauce and Ranch dressing. It's pretty good.

SSH

I never thought about doing something like this--Thanks. I saw that someone mentioned dipping fries into the sauce but that'd be too much...Otoh,  having enjoyed Pomme Fritz while walking on the Damrak I could dig a similar concoction using Oldies green stuff that I enjoy . :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

having enjoyed Pomme Fritz while walking on the Damrak

Haha ... have to expand on this ... the "Damrak" is one of the main streets in Amsterdam, Holland.  The Dutch usually eat "Pommes Frites," or "Frietjes" with mayonnaise or peanut sauce.  Oldtimer's concoctions would be great with the peanut sauce. Getting hungry; may have to make some :D

Cheers, Emile

• Thanks 1

Ingredients: Select Red Habanero Peppers, Fresh Carrots, Onions, Lime Juice, Vinegar, Garlic, and Salt.

Highly rated for a commercial sauce. 

I understand that your stuff is something special, but your supply is limited - so I’m just thinking ahead. 

You have a PM. 

I am going to make a green reaper sauce soon (unripe reapers).  It will be called Tiki's Revenge.  Sharp's sounds good, my wife saw a show talking about it (aboot it if Canadian, it is hockey season).  Freshness is a key.  Commercial favorites of mine include any in the Grace line, from Jamaica, Sontava if from Belize (the central american origin isn't the same), and certain Encona sauces, which are Caribbean, but I've only found them in England outside of there.  Sontava is imported by Jardine's.  The Grace sauces are filled by jobbers at Kroger, I am not sure where the distribution starts.  The basic Grace is the Jamaican equivalent of US Tabasco, being the ubiquitous table sauce of the island.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whatever in hell you’re doing -

put me down for a dozen bottles. I’m ready to pay in advance If necessary. 

My son stole a bottle of Red Menace and accused me of hoarding and not sharing. It’s about to get really ugly over here.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Deang said:

Whatever in hell you’re doing -

put me down for a dozen bottles. I’m ready to pay in advance If necessary. 

My son stole a bottle of Res Menace and accused me of hoarding and not sharing. It’s about to get really ugly over here.  

Split a Jalepeno/Cheese Brat, hammer it w/the red, chunk it up and GO!  Who needs the rye???   :)

Hoarder!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I am going to make a green reaper sauce soon (unripe reapers).  It will be called Tiki's Revenge. 

I want to get in on some of the sauces that aren't known for being the hottest--Anything compared to the green (what's it called again?) put me on the list for a couple each. I don't go through it as fast but don't want to be without. :) 

9 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I'm thinking I might need to revise my pepper planting plans for next year.....

I'll bet the Goathorns would make a good sauce.  I bring one to work with me every day and have it for lunch.  They're a nice heat range for munching on with a sandwich.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 11/4/2018 at 8:04 PM, oldtimer said:

Freshness is a key.

Besides good ingredients, I think the freshness is a big part of its taste, it was the first thing I said after trying it the first time, it just tastes fresh.