Oldtimer's hot sauces

jimjimbo

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

That chunky milk ad was good.

She has cottage cheese and apple sauce on the same plate, I said just let them collide and try them out.

I can see where some don't like the chunky cheese, I didn't like it as a kid, just by looks alone.

6 hours ago, Ceptorman said:
8 hours ago, Max2 said:

You guys need to try  some on a PB&J Burger.  If you haven't tried one, well you need to cause I know you guys have tried everything else out there :)  Seriously, just get past the thought and do it.

Last summer I was at a pub/restaurant in Fort Recovery Ohio, I forget the name. The owner waited on us, and I said I would have a bacon cheeseburger. He mentioned a burger with a peanut butter and jalapeño paste that he makes. I tried it and I loved it. Since then, I noticed a local pub has a Dragon Burger (New Palestine High School Dragons) it just has peanut butter applied to the bun, it has more of peanut butter flavor but still very tasty. Sometimes an added flavor to our normal offering sounds odd, but can be good.

Finally! Something on the internet that sounds gross as hell that I now want to try... Awesome  two people gives it a thumbs up. :)

{Note: Shouted down to my wife and she said this will be a solo endeavor.}

9 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Finally! Something on the internet that sounds gross as hell that I now want to try... Awesome  two people gives it a thumbs up. :)

{Note: Shouted down to my wife and she said this will be a solo endeavor.}

I will say that I liked the paste style better than just peanut butter applied to the bun. 

The chef made the paste by melting a small amount of butter in a pan, then added peanut butter and diced up jalapeños. I have not tried to make this at home, but now I think I'll give it a shot. I wonder what else it might taste good on?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Besides my regular line I have some peppers to make a few custom sauces.  I will be making a Scotch Bonnet sauce (tentatively called Bee in the Bonnet) and a couple of variations using what are cross pollinated ghost and Trinidad scorpions.  Ghost in the Sting and maybe something like Scorpion Wraith.  Pre-orders can be made now just tell me here or shoot a pm.  You can have a choice of 3 oz or 5 oz bottles and perhaps a flip top 11.2 oz.  

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

@oldtimer  Brian ... I’d prefer Ghost to the Post; but, Ghost in the Sting sounds interesting.  Put me down for 5oz.  Is the 11oz available for that Green Sauce that you had?  If so, put me down for one of those as well.  Thank you kind Sir.

Love the name Stew, ah the memories.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, oldtimer said:

oregon.jpg.45565a19e463a5179b67ec7be88fe080.jpg

This is for Carl on how to post from his galaxy S5.  Click on insert other media, select, then click on add inserted media.  Works for me on chrome...

I've posted from my phone for years.  It's just in the last month or so that I get the error message.  I'm using the same phone and method of posting that I always have.

Edit to post a pic from my phone I have to click the "click to chose file" button.

Batches made.  Tongue a little numb on top from tasting.  Ghost in the Sting I think is the hottest, followed by Scorpion Wraith (has lime zest first time effort), then Bee in the Bonnet which has a real nice flavor from the peppers and the ginger and garlic.  But then again that was the order I tasted so you know how that goes.

• Like 3