Oldtimer's hot sauces

jimjimbo

I've had the pleasure of growing some of the peppers that OT has used in his fantastic hot sauces, and have tried just about every variety that he's made in the last couple of years.  I think the latest "Red Menace" and "Yellow Peril" are two of the best yet, particularly the Yellow.....just the right amount of heat, great combo of flavor from the ginger, garlic and lime juice.  Simply terrific!  Thank you @oldtimer

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have a variety and they're all awesome.  Better get more quick, pepper season is over here down south.

Oh, I might add, get a 3 pack or so. Once your tongue gets acclimated, they go fast and you will want to put it on everything.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

particularly the Yellow.....just the right amount of heat

@oldtimer Put me down for a couple of lg bottles of this if there are any left. Gotta admit some of the hotter ones are a little much for me,  but the green stuff has been perfect! {Edit: Let me know if there are some like the green that's not as hot.}

• Like 1

The red menace is courtesy of Max2's prolific ghost pepper plants.  I have some yellow peril made, and can ship after thanksgiving.  I will go ahead and make more red menace if there is demand.  In the meantime it is possible I will concoct another recipe with what I have available, and will announce as available.  @7heavenlyplacesyour order is ready to ship anytime, let me know what's up.  If anyone is interested PM me for details.  Thanks for the reviews, all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ssh said:

I agree, Jim. Just right on the heat. I've been making Hab pepper sauce for 20 years, and I prefer the 7 pot flavor.

SSH

Steve, you should grow some of the Yellow 7 pot plants next spring/summer.  They are quite prolific and nice looking as well.  And guess what....Shelly did some pickled green beans this year with a variety of spicy peppers, including the Yellow.....I'll be bringing a bunch to Hope.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2018 at 1:50 PM, Max2 said:

... I might add, get a 3 pack or so. Once your tongue gets acclimated, they go fast and you will want to put it on everything.

I wouldn’t have thought this to be true, but it is. I’ve already gone through a bottle of Menace, and I’m the only one using it.

I also feel better physically, which seems odd to me, but pretty noticeable. 

The Peril is good too, but I prefer it with chicken, we do mostly beef over here.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, oldtimer said:

They have a great flavor.  Fruitier than a habanero, with roughly the same heat.  The chocolate habaneros were really amazing in that way.  If you can grow the 7 pot I recommend it.  For me it is a great discovery.

Those chocolate Hab's were the largest hot peppers I've ever grown.

20180610_164903.jpg

• Like 3