Oldtimer's hot sauces

jimjimbo

I've always loved hot sauces of all kinds with almost everything I ate  (not cornflakes),

but after an accident (in which I had half my colon was removed) I find the old saying

"in hot-out hot" is rearing (ha) it's ugly head. Or is it just old age?

Dreaming about Tabasco slathered fried eggs et al.

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Birthday present for me from Brian. Wow. 

Red Menace Menace yowza. 

Extremely hot but still has a great taste. Used it on meat loaf tonight - just awesome. My son had to hit the milk - I didn’t think it was that wicked -

but Ian begged to differ.

Still have Carl’s in the fridge. Something about the look of that stuff scares me a little - I think it’s the seeds! 

E9467BF7-FF5B-48A4-BD39-38C330533BE9.jpeg

• Like 5

I once ate 10 Thai Red Bird peppers in a "contest".  My face was red, my lips redder, my guts hurt for a bout a week.  I won!  I haven't received my prize yet and it was like 20 years ago?  I have a commercial sauce called Endorphin Rush.  Ouch.  When your teeth hurt you know it's hot.

I'll have to try making some sauce, you folks are making this sound like fun, esp. if I give the sauce away as present(s).  I like the Honolulu Hot Sauce label on @Deang's bottle.  That's a warning label if I ever saw one.

I'm certainly enjoying the Red Menace on a lot of my food. We eat at a small Thai esto here in town... and I never go past their medium when I order. Love this stuff, and MANY Thanks to Brian for what he is concocting...

Bruce

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Hold my beer and watch this.................................................

We have a couple of places here offering them now. Im a sucker for pepper jelly on anything, but the peanut butter on the burger really makes it.  Its almost an Asian flair thrown on a burger.

48 minutes ago, Max2 said:

We have a couple of places here offering them now. Im a sucker for pepper jelly on anything, but the peanut butter on the burger really makes it.  Its almost an Asian flair thrown on a burger.

I've never had peanut butter on a burger.  I've had a fried egg and another time a fried boudain patty.  They were both really good.

1 hour ago, Max2 said:

You guys need to try  some on a PB&J Burger.  If you haven't tried one, well you need to cause I know you guys have tried everything else out there :)  Seriously, just get past the thought and do it.

Last summer I was at a pub/restaurant in Fort Recovery Ohio, I forget the name. The owner waited on us, and I said I would have a bacon cheeseburger. He mentioned a burger with a peanut butter and jalapeño paste that he makes. I tried it and I loved it. Since then, I noticed a local pub has a Dragon Burger (New Palestine High School Dragons) it just has peanut butter applied to the bun, it has more of peanut butter flavor but still very tasty. Sometimes an added flavor to our normal offering sounds odd, but can be good. I mention to my daughter about putting the apple sauce on top of her cottage cheese is a very tasty dish. She thinks I'm crazy and won't try it.