Crites upgrades forte 1

Mila1924

Hey,

I want to upgrade my forte 1's with BC's new ti diaphragm and new x overs.  I don't have the cash to do both so I have to pick between the tweeter diaphragm or the x over.   Since this will be my first time ever working on the inside of the speaker I am a little nervous.  Which mod would be the easiest for a beginner? ti diaphragm or x over?

is there a step by step with pictures somewhere I could use to help guide me through it?

Thanks

• Like 1

Go with the Ti diaphragm fist ... (usually) much more impact (unless your xo's are "really" bad).  Install procedure is on Bob Crites' website.  Did mine and it was night & day.  VERY EASY :D  Takes about 5 minutes each.

If you are short on cash, Bob also has kits to replace the capacitors on the xo's ... they're pretty cheap compared to buying "new" crossovers from him :)  Also pretty easy ... just have to know (or learn) how to solder.

Add-on ... instructions for the diaphragms ... https://critesspeakers.com/replacing_the_diaphragm_on_.html 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Alexander said:

As mentioned above you could do both, the ti tweets and "rebuild" your existing xovers for less than buying the new crossovers. Niether are hard to do or you might know someone that can solder the caps for you..

If you send Bob your crossovers for a small fee he will install new caps and return to you.

Regards,

John

• Like 1