Help with R-15PM Powered Monitor

Shadowx81

Hi, I don't know if this is the right forum for this, so I apologize. I created an account specifically to solve this problem.

I just got my R-15PM Powered Monitor-Cherry speakers delivered yesterday. I bought them specifically to listen to records on my new turntable. But when I plugged the record player ach cables into the speakers, all I got was an extremely broken, loud, static-y noise roughly to the beat of the music with a faint bit of fuzzy audio hidden under all the noise.

I tested the Bluetooth function with my Ipod and the sound is flawless, and I also tried a friend's turntable with the system and got the same broken noise as with mine. This seems to only be happening with the phono function.

Can anyone help?

1 hour ago, Shadowx81 said:

Is the ground wire important to getting good sound quality from the records? It was listed as "optional" on the instructions and there is no place to connect it to my record player.

Some turntables have a ground and some don't , if yours doesn't then  you don't need it. Been a long time since I used TT,s but I seem to recall needing to select MM or MC based on the stylus type, is there a switch for that on the  speaker near the inputs?

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:07 AM, RadBlue said:

Some turntables have a ground and some don't , if yours doesn't then  you don't need it. Been a long time since I used TT,s but I seem to recall needing to select MM or MC based on the stylus type, is there a switch for that on the  speaker near the inputs?

Nah, the only switch is to switch it to Phono.

What do you guys think the problem is?

Sony PSLX300USB

Also, I received my replacement pair of speakers from Amazon and same exact problem. Staticy, scratchy, thumping, noise. We are now at 2 turntables, 2 pairs of speakers.

There is something up here......

Not to mention how extremely frustrating it has been.

Edited by Shadowx81

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...