SOLD Heresy II serial #3 and #4

314carpenter

SOLD

An active Milwaukee Craigslister who is a  prominant collector,  now turned seller, named Acorn Larry is listing a seamingly astonishing pair of Klipsch Heresy II's in Oak lacquer finish. They appear to be in showroom condition. The original packaging boxes included in the sale look to be in like new condition as well. The pictures show riser speaker stands, so may be included in the sale, but that is not confirmed.

I hope to get some help from those here who are familiar with the 2003 Heresy serial number decoding to verify the claim of being #3 and #4. 

What do you think of the pricing? Yes it is very high, but with that being said what value could be added here given the condition?

What do you know about the commonality of the oak lacquer finish in heresy II's? Not like they are Brazilian tea tree nut oil or something.

Here are a few pics from the ad which can be seen here https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-collectors-heresy-ii/6740774808.html

00o0o_ieqzPv7ltgu_600x450.jpg

00S0S_69y9JTpew28_600x450.jpg

00202_9IYhD9E8ZIe_600x450.jpg

00N0N_iYvm0Q9v1nn_600x450.jpg

• Like 2

Yes; price is pretty high, but they look awesome :D  Have 3 Heresy I's and tried H II's and III's in my house ... contrary to popular believe I did not hear much of a difference :)  So, you would pay an extra $300 for a pristine pair :D  Yes, you might loose $300 if you sell them next year ... Big deal :D  Go get them!

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

Confirmed with the seller these are serial #000003/4 and are new old stock in unused condition. He has a hoard of new old stock much of it pre 1980. He sold most of the speakers, tube amps, preamps. Still has not got to the turntables or pro gear yet. Just selling everything now, beware appointments to pickers are not welcome. Send him a wish list and you may get lucky. Most items are buried and not currently listed for sale.

• Like 1

Nice and maybe historically significant, but I'd be much more excited if they were oiled walnut.  Lacquered Oak would be near the bottom of my list.  I don't think the price is insane though.  condition does appear to be amazing enough they would be a burden to own knowing every ding you put on them was your own fault.