Forte III single - $399

wuzzzer

Getting a $75 refund so in total the Forte III center will cost $268.05.  I've left the speaker clamped. I adjusted the clamps last night to help with the corner gaps, mostly decent enough, but the right corner which was the worst, still has a very noticeable gap. I'll have to use bondo. I'll look into veneer repair first with a small sheet of natural cut walnut veneer or edgebanding.  I've seen a process where you cut out the damaged veneer-and cut out a new piece of veneer the same size and glue it into the area. With this process, i might need to apply a stain to to help cover up fixes. I love Danish Oil, so i could use a Dark Walnut Danish Oil to give it just a touch of darker varnish to make the repairs more difficult to see. I'll try a few pieces first. If the results aren't up to my standard, i'll just have to fill in all external damage with bondo, sand, and re-veneer.  Would love to use a highly figured walnut if i can find some locally at a decent price. 

• Like 1

Everything sealed up. Gaps filled. The major damage was just to difficult for a noob like me to fix. The worst front right corner and the front left corner. Just couldn’t be fixed well enough but it’s fine for now.
Up close you can see the timber mate walnut wood filler I used, but it’s whatever.
That worst right corner, I had no choice but to cut out the broken veneer and flatten out the warped mdf and apply a piece of veneer but the damn thing chipped up. I tried to match the streak of the grain as best I could. I don’t know how to get the dark lines from the oil filled in. More wood filler? Overall it’s fine. It’s going up high on an entertainment center horizontally.
bc03719b2be4e0b69faa0dca890ff845.jpg
6f542826f78e842e98041707f53da373.jpg65c052d672b96bb9bc9a2a80d438bf79.jpgbba8673bedce7ed7877fa3a0e747ff2b.jpg3f1c9510847510eb8d11a22d3d424a67.jpg4c151a9046e1c768ecae2698a33eab09.jpgc76d9e53528ed4a8ef1ff9e1138ed0db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Solid job man.   You tackled it well. Pat yourself on the back and have a few brewskies. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.   

Thanks dude! I’m happy. For $268.05 + profit from selling the KLF-C7 I don’t need anymore. It’s a hell of a deal. It’ll be mostly out of sight aesthetically anyway, but very happy.
I was hyping myself for a Chorus III project but nah. I just don’t have it in me to do mods especially involving wood working to make the Chorus II mid horn cut out smaller to fit the Forte III horn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1