College Basketball 2018-2019

Ceptorman

On 11/23/2018 at 12:00 AM, DizRotus said:

#8 MSU is man-handling #17 UCLA.  Unless Spartans collapse in second half, Chuck’s Tarheels won’t have the honor of facing MSU in the tournament final.

UCLA vs UNC tomorrow at 4pm will be interesting. @Tarheel

Texas vs MSU at 6:30 will be even more interesting.  Right @Jeff Matthews?

The Heels spanked em pretty good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No undefeated teams left in the top 25.   Duke defeated Virginia.

Those Cameron Crazies are brutal with “UMBC” painted on their foreheads.   The Cavaliers will never live down being the first #1 seed to lose to a #16 seed.  Losing to the University of Maryland Baltimore City Retrievers by 20 in round one of the NCAA tournament had to be the worst upset since the Wolverines lost to Appalachian State in the Big House.

7 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Thanks Dave @wvu80.  Your Mountaineers upset Kansas.  Hard to believe they’re 1-5 in conference play.

My pleasure!  I watched the game on TV, I spent the whole time yelling at the TV until there were 8 seconds left in the game.  Good teams like Kansas don't usually choke away a won game to an inferior opponent, giving up 7 straight points and not scoring the last several minutes to come from ahead to lose.

The Mountaineers are a mess this year.  They can't pass the ball to each other without throwing it either out of bounds or to the other team. it's ridiculous.  No more "Press Virginia" for this group and no NCAA playoffs for us in 2019.

Well, #6 Sparty made defeating the #13 Terps look relatively easy last night.  If they can do that to a good Maryland team without Joshua Langford and when Nick Ward has no offense, imagine what they’ll be able to do come March if all are healthy.  The depth developed by having to play around injuries pays great dividends at tournament time.

Maryland is the school I almost attended.  A scheduled trip to visit was cancelled by me at the last moment.  East Lansing seemed like home.  My wrestling coaches wanted me to attend their alma maters, Michigan and Western Michigan, but I preferred MSU.   I met my bride in East Lansing and made lifelong friends there.  No regrets.

GO GREEN!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Well, #6 Sparty made defeating the #13 Terps look relatively easy last night.  If they can do that to a good Maryland team without Joshua Langford and when Nick Ward has no offense, imagine what they’ll be able to do come March if all are healthy.  The depth developed by having to play around injuries pays great dividends at tournament time.

GO GREEN!

I can't agree more.  Miss ole Judd though!  He was not only a great Coach but a great person!  GREEN I can live with!  hahahaha  

• Like 1