College Basketball 2018-2019

Ceptorman

2 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

I just watched Vandy take Tenn to overtime and the terrible officiating gave the game to Tenn. Anybody else watch that?

No.  You are the only one.

But seriously, parity abounds. Last night it took a buzzer beater for Michigan to defeat Minnesota.

My Mountaineers with their losing record play #1 Tennessee Sat at 1p in the Big12 vs SEC challenge.

I'm picking the Vols to score 100 and win by 40.  What WVU lacks in shooting and defense they make up for by committing turnovers.

This is going to get ugly and will not end well for us.  :(

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

It didn’t end well for your team, but it wasn’t ugly.  The Mountaineers had ‘em worried for a half.

Actually for about the first quarter. 

WVU started the game hitting a bunch of 3's building a 12 point lead while Tennessee was just awful scoring 9 points in the first ten minutes.  The Mountaineers finished the first half by not scoring for about 8 minutes and was outscored going into halftime 24-2, leaving them down by ten.  We had 24 turnovers for the game

West Virginia was a 15 point underdog and lost by 17.  Not the dire prediction of a 40 point loss that I predicted, but certainly not competitive with a good team.

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Hey @Ceptorman,  my Spartans are in balmy West Layette today to take on the Boilermakers. I think I’ll record it at 1pm EST to watch this evening without commercials or halftime.

I hope Purdue gives them a good game, but I don't think they're much of a threat.

7 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Holy heck......I didn't even watch or hear anything, I assume Purdue won? I was at a function at my wife's school.

Purdue was ahead the whole game. They had an 18 point lead at the half, which got as high as 23 in the second half.  MSU got the lead down to 5 late in the game, before losing 73 - 63.   

Thank you Hawkeyes for upsetting Wolverines in A2.  Now Sparty is again alone atop B1G Conference.  

A struggling Hoosier squad comes into The Breslin Center tonight to test the Spartans in their first game since learning that co-captain Josh Langford is done for the season.

My dementia must be on high boil.  I distinctly recall scheduling ESPN College Game Day to record this morning, as it was from East Lansing.  Alas, I failed do do it.  Now where did I put those memory pills?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Thank you Hawkeyes for upsetting Wolverines in A2.  Now Sparty is again alone atop B1G Conference.  

A struggling Hoosier squad comes into The Breslin Center tonight to test the Spartans in their first game since learning that co-captain Josh Langford is done for the season.

My dementia must be on high boil.  I distinctly recall scheduling ESPN College Game Day to record this morning, as it was from East Lansing.  Alas, I failed do do it.  Now where did I put those memory pills?

Indiana is really struggling. They lost a few players, but have hit a wall in the last couple weeks, I believe they have lost 5 in a row.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 10:26 AM, DizRotus said:

Sparty runs hot and cold

Sparty ran cold tonight against Indiana.  I liked they way they passed the ball, very crisp, but 8-22, 36% free throw shooting?  That's just giving the game away to an otherwise inferior opponent.

Sorry about your Spartans but fundamentally they looked solid to me.  They are looking to win the Big Ten and position themselves into a good seed for March Madness.

• Like 1

If you can’t make free throws, you can’t win.  Given Izzo’s obsession about free throws, I’ll never understand why the players miss so many.  If I were a basketball coach, any player who can’t shoot at least 60% from the line would be required to shoot underhand like Rick Barry and Wilt Chamberlain or sit.

• Like 1