College Basketball 2018-2019

Ceptorman

There was an interesting interview with coach Izzo on the Dan Patrick show a few days ago. He talked about some of the players he recruited over the years, his favorite players, and his 31 years in in a row in the tournament. He seemed a lot funnier than I thought he would be. He was also an all American junior college bball player.

• Like 1

Home team has the advantage 99% of the time in big games unless the home team crowd goes hostile prior to the game, which rarely happens.  "Experts?"  On ANY given day comes into play.  Some days the basket is 3' wide on others it's a foot wide.  Home team will always get that edge.  Just pray the basket is 3'wide for Sparty and not ichigan!  Play smart ball and GO!  Gonna be a great game though!  :)

12 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

There was an interesting interview with coach Izzo on the Dan Patrick show a few days ago. He talked about some of the players he recruited over the years, his favorite players, and his 31 years in in a row in the tournament. He seemed a lot funnier than I thought he would be. He was also an all American junior college bball player.

Northern Michigan University is certainly not Division 1, but it's not a "junior college" either.  Izzo and his friend from Iron Mountain, Steve Mariucci played football and basketball for the NMU Wildats from '73 - '77, without a stop at a junior college.  The attachment was clipped from Wikipedia.

Go Green!

Izzo.JPG

8 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Northern Michigan University is certainly not Division 1, but it's not a "junior college" either.  Izzo and his friend from Iron Mountain, Steve Mariucci played football and basketball for the NMU Wildats from '73 - '77, without a stop at a junior college.  The attachment was clipped from Wikipedia.

Go Green!

Izzo.JPG

Dan Patrick didn't say what college he went to, just said jr college. I see the Northern Michigan University occasionally when we snowmobile up in the UP. We ride around Iron Mountain a lot, it's marketed as the "snowmobile capitol of the world".....never knew Izzo was from there.  We ride through Ishpeming also. 

• Like 1

Blue totally got out coached and out played!  State cut Winston loose in the 2nd half, they ran the ball in circles playing disciplined basketball, crashed both the O and D boards taking the simple shots.  Basic basketball while Blue chased the ball and gave Winston lay-ups.  Another stellar coaching job by Izzo, disciplined hoops wins ball games.  I wonder if he's every going to start chewing wet towels like Jud used to?  lolol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rplace said:

Mmmmmm, crow for breakfast. Yum. Congrats sparty.😐

Beilein is a great coach and Michigan has a great team.  Unless they're up against my Spartans, I will pull for the Wolverines.  If MSU meets U of M again this year it will be tough for MSU to beat such a good team three times.  IIRC, MSU had to beat Wisconsin 3 or 4 times to win the whole thing in 2000.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Why yes the sky is Carolina Blue!

Chuck,

Great game over Duke and coach (What’s that bad smell?) K.

Please refresh my recollection regarding the origin of the great Tar Heels moniker.  Also, how does that fit with a goat named for a condom as a mascot?

2B990EA9-D79A-4D9B-AA67-761E1F10E1E0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

It will be a great game tomorrow between State and Michigan.  I expect the “experts” to pick the Wolverines.  Beating a good team, which Michigan clearly is, three times in a row will be extremely difficult.

Should be a great game once again.  

• Like 1