College Basketball 2018-2019

Ceptorman

Another "Hoops n Tunes" kinda day for me!  NOW is when the ballers truly start to ball.  Commentary?  Pfffffft  Volume down and the tubes are pushin electrons HARD!  FWIW, Izzo is a better Coach than B from ichigan.  I sooo hope he doesn't start suckin water from that folded white towel mentor Jud Heathcote used to use!  Games ON!  Forages for a frozen pizza...   :)  

• Like 1

Oh no!  According to The Detroit Free Press, Sparty is favored by 2.  I’d much rather be the underdog.  Of course, those lines are based on Vegas odds, which are based on the amount of money being wagered on each time.  I’m not surprised the betting is, essentially, even.  I expect the crowd to be about equally divided in Chicago.

Auburn is workin hard and ballin.  Tenn???  Well not so much!  I wouldn't worry about odds on the Sparty game Diz...  Whoever wants to win and the team that can keep their cool down the stretch should prevail.  izzo will be totally into the game and keep 'em on a short leash.  Blue on the other hand will be going for the throat I think.   Kinda like that "Revenge Tour" thingy!  Oh yea, whoever has the most points at the end comes into play.  Lace 'em up tight when ya bet that other guy for your shoes/jersey! 😂  😂 

• Like 2

Keep up on reporting the results.  This weekend was the big racquetball West Virginia State Championships and I haven't got to see any games or results, no TV for a couple of days.. 

I depend on you guys for my sports information.  B)

• Haha 1

MSU’s draw makes no sense, but no matter.  If they meet Duke in the elite eight, they’ll have an opportunity to prove they should have been a 1 seed.  If they lose before the elite eight, or lose to Duke, then they prove they weren’t a 1 seed.

It baffles me how 8 teams from B1G make the tournament (more than any other conference) but the best B1G team is only a 2 seed. The ACC is very good, but three 1 seeds?  Makes no sense.  Michigan could win the whole thing, and, if MSU is not in the Final Four, I hope they do.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

It baffles me how 8 teams from B1G make the tournament (more than any other conference) but the best B1G team is only a 2 seed.

I haven't even looked at the brackets since WVU was long ago eliminated from the Big Dance but I do know how a draw works.

From a functional point of view a number 2 seed is just as good as a #1 seed.  The number ones get the weaker lower seed but #2 still won't see #1 until the finals.

Another point to consider is a team which is a 2 or 3 will avoid #1 until the finals since in the semis if the seeds hold 2 plays 3 and 1 plays four.

I took a quick look at the draw on ESPN.  I don't know if the Committee goes strictly on who-is-better-than who or if they are looking for interesting match ups but I would rather see teams which don't usually see each other in the early rounds.  Once you get to semis the top four rated teams should see each other and if they're from the same conference, that's just the way it is.

Just my take.

• Like 1

The main reason why it's "hoops n tunes" here for most NFL games and the NCAA.  Even though they have nothing to do w/the bracket pairings it's almost like ESPN is trying to control everything anymore.   They state they just report and cover sports "news."  I can't wait 'til they open up "sports betting" during games. They're saying you're going to be able to not only bet on games but also on single plays during the game.  20:1 that Dis Diz makes that 60 yard field goal.  "Here's the snap to wvu80, it's down and Diz makes the kick...  Is it good?"  Flashing on the bottom of the screen while you place your bets.  Gonna be great!  hahahaha

• Haha 1

I watched the video, and I don't think the coach went too far with this player. The lunge at him when they were seated was was a little worse than when he approached the player on court, but he was easily pulled back. Izzo is passionate, and wants to get the most out of these kids.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Izzo needs to re-examine his behavior.

Nah, instill the fear early  and just push...  He was hot though cause he was lookin for an example.  Anyone remember when Isiah Thomas was playin for IU?  The year they won the NCAAA?  Don't know if it got out or not but Bobby Knight had a 10' bullwhip at practice early on in the tourney...  Yes Sir, he was swingin it too.  They asked him why and he said, "just slow down and you'll see why!  He ran 'em to death!  They won the NCAA cause all they did was run the ball  :)

Bobby Knight is not the example I would like Izzo to follow.  The IU Board of Trustees finally had to fire him when it became impossible to hire a university president.  Seems no qualified candidate wanted to be president of a university run by the basketbakll coach.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Watching (mute on) Michigan handle Florida.

I've got a couple of TV's on.  This is the part of the basketball season to do that.

I wasn't impressed with Michigan's offense but their defensive discipline was outstanding.  On to the Sweet 16.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Bobby Knight is not the example I would like Izzo to follow.  The IU Board of Trustees finally had to fire him when it became impossible to hire a university president.  Seems no qualified candidate wanted to be president of a university run by the basketbakll coach.

Bobby Knight got eaten alive allll by himself much like Woody Hayes.  Winning consumed him.  That was the down side of it all.  You have to admit he was one heck of a Coach and player for Ohio State.  Iz won't let that happen to him.  Jud taught him along with others in the business.  He's a totally different kind of person.  Sitting here watching w/3 minutes left in the first half and this is prolly greens best game of the year so far.  Whip?  Iz didn't need it.   He did it his own way and I'll bet he never apologized to anyone.  They're lit tonite!  So far anyway...😂

• Like 1