College Basketball 2018-2019

Ceptorman

24 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Despite the halftime lead, I suspect there was serious Izzo talk in the locker room.

(I copied/pasted your post from the Alerts! section.  It just got a little lost, but I wanted to comment on your comment) 

Michigan State was awesome for the first three-quarters of the first half, then they stunk it up going into halftime vs Minnesota.

MSU has now played Great/Lousy/Great with 12 minutes left in the game.  If they play Great it will take a tremendous team to beat them.  If they play Lousy they will beat themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

Way to go Auburn! Sweet sixteen.

I didn't see that Kansas had been dumped from the tourney until just now, went to bed early last night.

I'm a Big 12 homer since WVU had a losing record this year so I was pulling for Kansas.  Auburn beat them easily, so good for them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Tarheels looking good in the first half.

Solid.

But then again Mich State and Tenn also looked solid, even unstoppable at times.  Then inexplicably, they both had meltdowns but still won their games.  NC just needs to find consistency for the entire game and they should be advancing to the Sweet 16.

• Like 1

This I when I truly start to enjoy the ballin.  Some tremendous players out there again this year.  Anyone see 60 minute's short on College gambling?  Great piece on the impact of it all on sports betting, players and Universities.  Now's the time for some REAL hoops n tunes!  Crank it up, mute the TV morons w/the comments, sit back and truly ENJOY the game.  Now if we could only figure out a way to eliminate the commercials...  :)

• Like 1

Me listen?  Oh heck no!  Not unless I truly WANT to.  I see what they're doing on the floor for the most part.  I could care less how a D corrects to stop the Offense of the other team.  You see it happen or at least I do.  Comments by other Coaches/players doing the color commentary?  That's all subjective to them and what they've experienced in their lives.  Let the players play and the coaches coach.  They call a time out you know they're making the adjustments then you see them use them.  I give the credit to the college players to do what the coach wants them to do.  For the most part the kids already know what to do, the coach just clarifies it and makes it easier for them to see so they respond.  I can't stand the TV boys unless they were a great Coach or player.  Then perhaps I'll listen.  When you shoot sports for 28 years i guess you look at it a bit differently.  Soooo, it's hoops and tunes for me.  lol

• Like 3

On 3/25/2019 at 12:09 PM, WillyBob said:

did y'all catch that epic, hockey worthy, body check that knocked the ball handler into the 2nd row of seats... 

Hey WillyBob! Unfortunately I missed  that☹️, but fortunately I do also follow Hockey 👍!! 

To tell you the truth this has been one of the most boring NCAA tourneys in history. There have been some great individual efforts and the spotlight on some very good players not usually seen on national tv, but no major upsets. I don't think the whitewash of Wisconsin would count. If Duke had lost that really would have wiped out most of the brackets in the country, but thanks to a bum call, they skated through. No Cindarellas makes for a dull March. Hopefully things pick up this weekend.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, felipe said:

Hey WillyBob! Unfortunately I missed  that☹️, but fortunately I do also follow Hockey 👍!! 

it was a classic. The defender lowered his shoulder and ran into the ball handler, knocked him clear out off the court.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I see you got your crystal ball back from the shop Dave. 

Even though they rallied from 18 down to send it into overtime, someone needs to tell Tennessee that it's not a comeback unless you win.