College Basketball 2018-2019

Ceptorman

4 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Please explain the War Eagle/Tigers thing.

The story about the battle cry dates back to the first time Auburn met Georgia on the football field in 1892 and centers around a spectator who was a veteran of the Civil War.

In the stands with him that day was an eagle the old soldier had found on a battlefield during the war. He had kept it as a pet for almost 30 years. According to witnesses, the eagle suddenly broke free and began majestically circling the playing field. As the eagle soared, Auburn began a steady march toward the Georgia end zone for a thrilling victory. Elated at their team's play and taking the bird's presence as an omen of success, Auburn students and fans began to yell "War Eagle" to spur on their team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great first game!  Now let's see if TT can truly wreck Sparty...  Gonna be a battle or will Izzo short leash them again only to walk away late in the game?  Either way it's gonna be one heck of a game.  Have to figure out my "hoops n tunes" playlist!  :)

It's done.  Winston has shown defeat in his facial expressions and body language for the last 5-6 minutes...  55 left and there's no way unless TT totally screws up...  Too tall, too many arms and legs, swarming the ball handler and cold shooting everywhere.  Wasn't their night but they made a good run at it.

• Like 2

The Big Game is tonight.  Will anybody be watching?

I think fans like to cheer for the underdogs early in the tournament but when it comes to prime time most of us want to see the big powerhouse names, Duke, North Carolina, Michigan State, Kansas, Kentucky.  We want to see the best players like Zion Williamson from Duke.

Instead we get to see Virginia, but they have been ranked number one at some time during the year, so they are top tier. 

And Texas Tech?  Yeah, they won the Big 12 this season in a down year for Kansas, but they have barely cracked the top ten and have been ranked between 10-15 all year.  Their last loss was in the first round of their own conference to basement dwelling West Virginia.

I'm rooting for the Big 12 champ Texas Tech but Virginia should come out of this on top.

I'll be watching.  🙈