Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ceptorman

College Basketball 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

I just watched Vandy take Tenn to overtime and the terrible officiating gave the game to Tenn. Anybody else watch that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

I just watched Vandy take Tenn to overtime and the terrible officiating gave the game to Tenn. Anybody else watch that?

 

No.  You are the only one.

 

But seriously, parity abounds. Last night it took a buzzer beater for Michigan to defeat Minnesota.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DizRotus said:

No.  You are the only one.

You should have seen it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

You should have seen it.

 

 

That was probably on SEC network.  I didn't see it on the menu tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sparty runs hot and cold before dispatching Hawkeyes on the road.  The 2/4/19 showdown with the weasles . . . I mean Wolverines, looms ever larger.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That will be a major test, Michigan is 18-1, and playing well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Mountaineers with their losing record play #1 Tennessee Sat at 1p in the Big12 vs SEC challenge.

 

I'm picking the Vols to score 100 and win by 40.  What WVU lacks in shooting and defense they make up for by committing turnovers.

 

This is going to get ugly and will not end well for us.  :(

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Ceptorman,  my Spartans are in balmy West Layette today to take on the Boilermakers. I think I’ll record it at 1pm EST to watch this evening without commercials or halftime.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 12:44 PM, wvu80 said:

This is going to get ugly and will not end well for us.  :(

 

It didn’t end well for your team, but it wasn’t ugly.  The Mountaineers had ‘em worried for a half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

 

It didn’t end well for your team, but it wasn’t ugly.  The Mountaineers had ‘em worried for a half.

Actually for about the first quarter. 

 

WVU started the game hitting a bunch of 3's building a 12 point lead while Tennessee was just awful scoring 9 points in the first ten minutes.  The Mountaineers finished the first half by not scoring for about 8 minutes and was outscored going into halftime 24-2, leaving them down by ten.  We had 24 turnovers for the game

 

West Virginia was a 15 point underdog and lost by 17.  Not the dire prediction of a 40 point loss that I predicted, but certainly not competitive with a good team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Hey @Ceptorman,  my Spartans are in balmy West Layette today to take on the Boilermakers. I think I’ll record it at 1pm EST to watch this evening without commercials or halftime.

 

I hope Purdue gives them a good game, but I don't think they're much of a threat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I hope Purdue gives them a good game, but I don't think they're much of a threat.

 

Wrong.  Purdue was more than a threat.  So much for Sparty's 21 game conference winning streak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

 

Wrong.  Purdue was more than a threat.  So much for Sparty's 21 game conference winning streak.

Holy heck......I didn't even watch or hear anything, I assume Purdue won? I was at a function at my wife's school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Holy heck......I didn't even watch or hear anything, I assume Purdue won? I was at a function at my wife's school.

 

Purdue was ahead the whole game. They had an 18 point lead at the half, which got as high as 23 in the second half.  MSU got the lead down to 5 late in the game, before losing 73 - 63.   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buckeyes are gonna try to share some love tonite w/TTUN...  ESPN2 @ 9...  Yea they're young and pretty much suck this year but...  On any given day...  😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sparty takes a huge hit.  It was announced yesterday that junior guard Joshua Langford will miss the remainder of the season.  He’ll need surgery to repair a “stress injury” to his ankle.  His absence hurts the Spartans a lot.

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Hawkeyes for upsetting Wolverines in A2.  Now Sparty is again alone atop B1G Conference.  

 

A struggling Hoosier squad comes into The Breslin Center tonight to test the Spartans in their first game since learning that co-captain Josh Langford is done for the season.

 

My dementia must be on high boil.  I distinctly recall scheduling ESPN College Game Day to record this morning, as it was from East Lansing.  Alas, I failed do do it.  Now where did I put those memory pills?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Thank you Hawkeyes for upsetting Wolverines in A2.  Now Sparty is again alone atop B1G Conference.  

 

A struggling Hoosier squad comes into The Breslin Center tonight to test the Spartans in their first game since learning that co-captain Josh Langford is done for the season.

 

My dementia must be on high boil.  I distinctly recall scheduling ESPN College Game Day to record this morning, as it was from East Lansing.  Alas, I failed do do it.  Now where did I put those memory pills?

Indiana is really struggling. They lost a few players, but have hit a wall in the last couple weeks, I believe they have lost 5 in a row.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 10:26 AM, DizRotus said:

Sparty runs hot and cold

 

Sparty ran cold tonight against Indiana.  I liked they way they passed the ball, very crisp, but 8-22, 36% free throw shooting?  That's just giving the game away to an otherwise inferior opponent.

 

Sorry about your Spartans but fundamentally they looked solid to me.  They are looking to win the Big Ten and position themselves into a good seed for March Madness.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can’t make free throws, you can’t win.  Given Izzo’s obsession about free throws, I’ll never understand why the players miss so many.  If I were a basketball coach, any player who can’t shoot at least 60% from the line would be required to shoot underhand like Rick Barry and Wilt Chamberlain or sit.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...