Synthetic Motor Oil.....

SWL

Synthetic oil will stay cleaner much longer.   It should look fairly clean and gold for a good while. Nearing 5K miles, I can start to see a little contaminants that appear dark in my 3.6 V6 Jeep, but nothing like old fossil oil.

As far as my question earlier, its BMW.   All M series and standard series leased cars go 10K miles before their scheduled oil change.

4 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

I use motorex in my bike..

IMG_20181106_163200.jpg

Good stuff. I used Golden Spectro for years in my race bikes and street bikes. Then, a lot of racers started using Shell diesel synthetic oil from Walmart, it was about one third the  price. I used it in my racebike, but not my steetbike.

Jesus... just to go to Bob's and do some reading...

[emoji9]

My name ain't Jesus but DAYUM that's a lotta reading on a smartphone. I like Carl's and Moose's first hand experiences comparing the two oils.

Good link.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is oil awareness month. If I change my oil with containers that say Full Synthetic and I take that $hit to my lab to test it and it ain't genuine full synthetic.....some heads are gonna roll up in here. [emoji14]

7 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Good stuff. I used Golden Spectro for years in my race bikes and street bikes. Then, a lot of racers started using Shell diesel synthetic oil from Walmart, it was about one third the  price. I used it in my racebike, but not my steetbike.

=== yep, me too. Years ago I was given a rash of shitt for using Rotella diesel in my bikes which is actually a very good, heavy duty, highly fortified oil, particularly the syn T6 5-40. As you know Cept “true” bike oil was labeled MA or now MA2. Oil manufacturers are required to pay a Japanese testing agency the privilege of using these designations. Now I give the shitt back and show the 5-40 Rotella bottle labeled MA and MA2. Certified bike oil that no manufacturer can question - 

2 minutes ago, SWL said:

This is oil awareness month. If I change my oil with containers that say Full Synthetic and I take that $hit to my lab to test it and it ain't genuine full synthetic.....some heads are gonna roll up in here. emoji14.png

it really does not matter... what oil

you use....

just maintaining your vehicle...

properly does....

just remember both oils cost the same...

either pay up front.. or nickel and dime yourself....and waste your time..

just remember time is money....

19 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

wow $68 for 4 litres..

I'm glad that I , have 16 liters...

paid $38 for each jug !

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

it really does not matter... what oil

you use....

just maintaining your vehicle...

properly does....

just remember both oils cost the same...

either pay up front.. or nickel and dime yourself....and waste your time..

just remember time is money....

... until your money isn't any good for any more time, then...  off to the junkyard in the sky.

Like that line in Indiana Jones, somethings in life are a leap of faith. Churches make millions, and billions on that premise. How many of you have actually met God? I don't know which one of you guys said it, but changing the oil whatever one you use, Dino, semi synthetic, Diesel oil, whatever, keeping it clean and fresh is everything. On the 2005-2014 Ford Expeditions, especially the 05-07 models, they have oiling problems involving cam phasers, and weak oem oil pumps. What forum members encounter, is the small passages on the advance/retard phasers get plugged and stop working. The motors start sounding like a Diesel, and eventually have to be torn apart. Some as soon as 80k. The owners that keep their oil clean, no more than 5k oil changes, usually don't have the problem at all. My 2000 Expedition with Mobil 1gets a change at 5k. Before using synthetic oil, I used to change at 3k. But what do I know.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Schu said:

I'd be willing to bet that not one of you have experienced an oil related failure that wasnt mechanically induced starvation. 

Your over thinking it.

== this is true and  I am guilty. However, don’t we all do the samething, overthink, with audio? I’ll answer that for you - yes we do —

3 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

I don't think that is exactly right and I can tell you why. I have an engine with a "filter bypass" warning light that turns on anytime the bypass is active. That only happens when the filter is clogged and I don't waste anytime changing the filter when it activates the bypass.

My experience is automotive and have never seen a filter bypass indicator light because automotive oil filters do not have sensors thus unable to trigger a indicator light.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

How much do you want to lose?

Neglected oil doesn't constitute an oil failure... specially an oil failure based on choice, unless the choice is incorrect viscosity... That's an operator error.

• Like 1

A job I had in the early 90s, the company owner had a Wisconsin Robin powered 4000 psi pressure washer.

It had a dirty oil sensor and after x hours of operation that bad boy would just shut down until you put fresh oil in it.

It's a shame if it's so simple to do, that it isn't required by the govt in cars. But that would........

8 minutes ago, jason str said:

My experience is automotive and have never seen a filter bypass indicator light because automotive oil filters do not have sensors thus unable to trigger a indicator light.

Wouldn’t need to be in the filter. A pressure differential between inlet and outlet passages would take care of that assuming that constant sized filter media is used.