Synthetic Motor Oil.....

SWL

All cars burn oil, its normal. If it burns too much oil rings or valve seals are probably worn.
It's been like this since new. Car is 2 years old with 59,000 miles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not building cabinets at this time due to health reasons, sorry Scott.
No problem. Take care of yourself. You've got my main system kicking ***. I'm gonna Tubify my basement system eventually. [emoji106]

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SWL said:

It's been like this since new. Car is 2 years old with 59,000 miles.

Every manufacturer has a different specification on how much oil their engines can safely use without considering it to be excessive, normally at GM we had customers stop in bi weekly to determine how much oil the engine was using and go from there.

Every manufacturer has a different specification on how much oil their engines can safely use without considering it to be excessive, normally at GM we had customers stop in bi weekly to determine how much oil the engine was using and go from there.
Yeah, Hyundai wanted me to come in every 500 miles to do an oil analysis.

9 minutes ago, TasDom said:

Would synthetic oil sound better in PIO caps? :ph34r2:

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Here we go!

Oh, absolutely!  That's a fact!  And, it would help if you upgraded to some REALLY expensive battery cables, with the commensurate connectors.....

4 minutes ago, SWL said:

Yeah, Hyundai wanted me to come in every 500 miles to do an oil analysis.

Have it done, if it is not within manufactures specifications they will warranty whatever is the cause ( if still in warranty).

I switched from Wesson Oil to Mobil One long ago for parties.
Solid info for all you newbies out there wanting to lern. Klipsch Community = Smartest MFers around.[emoji106]

2 hours ago, SWL said:

I've switched back to regular oil and I'm going to monitor things.

My car is a 2016 Hyundai Elantra GT. Synthetic oil change intervals are every 7,500 miles. By the time I get to 3,000 miles it needs a quart of oil. By the time I get to 7,500 miles it has needed typically 3 quarts of oil.

I looked into this and found that it is common for foreign cars to use this much oil. Really? All my Chevys never used oil but then again I never went over 3,000 miles in between oil changes.

This is the first I've heard that synthetic oil improves mpg.

Like others said I change the semi-syn at 4k anyways. My motor, I want it clean inside!

Wow! That's a lot of oil disappearing from the motor, only changed the oil in Toyotas and Hondas for foreign cars but even ragged out never anything like that unless it needed a rebuild.

Got a Warranty on that `16?

Son of an accountant and a bookkeeper so after owning that 10mpg Charger for my first car I've always checked the gallons in to the odometer every now and then. When I did the change to syn on my chevy truck that had 50k on it I noticed an improvement in mileage right away.