Synthetic Motor Oil.....

SWL

20 minutes ago, JohnA said:

No, that is not what a check valve does.  A check valve prevents reverse flow.  it would keep the filter full of oil to prevent a dry start. 

You are thinking of the anti drain back valve in the oil filter itself.

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm sure he meant pressure relief valve.  I think the check valve in the filter is a rubber type cone that acts like a flap.

Yes, pressure relief valve. Its called a check valve.

4 minutes ago, jason str said:

Yes, pressure relief valve. Its called a check valve.

I've never seen those two terms used interchangeably.  To me a pressure relief valve opens at a certain pressure to relieve pressure over a predetermined level.  A check valve prevents flow in the opposite direction than is intended like a back flow preventer.

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I've never seen those two terms used interchangeably.  To me a pressure relief valve opens at a certain pressure to relieve pressure over a predetermined level.  A check valve prevents flow in the opposite direction than is intended like a back flow preventer.

I have heard it called many things and all are the same as far as I'm concerned.

Oil Pressure relief valve

Oil Relief valve

Oil pressure check valve

=== NMF Friction Reducer - now we’re are getting at the heart of the matter although it took awhile. Snake oil, much the same as we have in our little hobby. Although I am considering my cables take an overnight soak in the NMF jug. Just think, less friction, quicker moving electrons, smoother sound, faster better attack, yeah I’ll take a gallon - or two — 

8 minutes ago, jason str said:

Spring loaded check valve uses:

Protect equipment from backflow damage

Provide pressure relief for system safety

Protect contamination from backflow

Agreed.

I've just never heard or read the term "oil pressure check valve" before.  I've always used and heard check valve or pressure relief valve in automotive terms.  Maybe it's an import thing.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I have many hobbies and interest.  Yes this forum has more info and active users than any other specialty forum I belong to.  My guess is most of use take things to the extreme   If I want to know how to build a custom RC Car, I more than likely would come here, as I am sure there is someone who has done so.

This is the only Forum I belong too....This Forum is full of knowledge and if you can't find what your looking for just ask.

1 hour ago, richieb said:

=== NMF Friction Reducer - now we’re are getting at the heart of the matter although it took awhile. Snake oil, much the same as we have in our little hobby. Although I am considering my cables take an overnight soak in the NMF jug. Just think, less friction, quicker moving electrons, smoother sound, faster better attack, yeah I’ll take a gallon - or two — 

But NMF made an audible difference anyone could hear

I'm not wrong on anything and never said anything about tire failure or your credentials, just stating facts in my previous post.

If tire inflation was not an issue manufactures would just recommend whatever the tire manufacturer says and not have a front and rear tire inflation specification sticker on each and every vehicle.

How in the world could they display all the different types of tires that you could put on your car or truck. They come up with the tire pressure by way of how the setup the Suspension and ride quality of the car and also the speed capabilities of the car speed rating of the tires if they want to put on there so on and so on and so on it’s all your role event they cannot put 100,000 different tire pressures on a little sticker for every manufacturer for every speed rated tire for every friction rated tire for every heat rated tire in every other b/s about a tire
Just use what the tires say to use

I disagree.  The manufacturer sets the recommendation based on the OEM tires the car comes with.  So after further reading of your post, we kind of agree.  The gist is that the inflation suggestion is for manufacturer supplied tires.  I have seen penciled in some owners manuals different inflations if the original owner elects to go with plus 1's or plus 2's, if offered.