R115 too big for the room?

maciek8791

Hello,

I am ordering now my first klipsch system. I read a lot of very positive opinions on the big 115 unit. However what I discovered on the ebay, that there are several people who try to sell it, because of the "its too big for my room" issue. My room is around 30 square meters. What do You think? I am little bit concerned.

Another question, I will order the new line of speakers (8000f,504c etc). Will 115 match in terms of look with this new series, or maybe I have to take one of the new 120 or 100 subwoofers?

best regards,

M.

Ever try to find an audiophile girlfriend/wife? Their far and few. A large sub with large power set low to blend in is a very good thing. I had a friend years back that used a 600 watt sub to blend in with his B&W 802's. Heard a live Roy Orbison DVD on it, pretty amazing sound. You'd swear all the sound was coming out of his 802's. I've always been a subwoofer fan. Just need to find the sweet spot in your room to put it. Preferably where the Mrs doesn't see it!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Moosee1955 said:

You'd swear all the sound was coming out of his 802's.

That's how it's supposed to be.  You can tell there's a sub in my system because there's no way that mains go that low but if you were blindfolded you couldn't tell where the sub was.  Mine is about 10 or 12 ft off the floor and you'd swear that the bass was coming from the mains.

I just reread your last post. 10 or 12ft high on the mains? What are you a 7'8" tall basketball player that stands up listening to your stereo? Me I lay back in my recliner, and have my 30 inch high Sansui speakers on 10 inch stands. Puts the tweeter right at ear level, at least for my 6'2" frame.

3 hours ago, Moosee1955 said:

You'd swear all the sound was coming out of his 802's. I've always been a subwoofer fan. Just need to find the sweet spot in your room to put it. 

It's a matter of blending with delay and levels and crossover.  Ideally need to measure to do it right.  Most people just put it in the room and call it good.  

42 minutes ago, Moosee1955 said:

I just reread your last post. 10 or 12ft high on the mains? What are you a 7'8" tall basketball player that stands up listening to your stereo? Me I lay back in my recliner, and have my 30 inch high Sansui speakers on 10 inch stands. Puts the tweeter right at ear level, at least for my 6'2" frame.

That's where my sub is.  My mains sit on the floor.

On 11/6/2018 at 2:44 PM, maciek8791 said:

I will order the new line of speakers (8000f,504c etc). Will 115 match in terms of look with this new series, or maybe I have to take one of the new 120 or 100 subwoofers

The 115 has the brushed vinyl.  The new ones have a different vinyl plus they have that matte black baffle.  They don't really match but unless they're right beside each other it probably don't matter all that much.  Stay away from the 10's if you can keep from it.  I guess technically the SPL-120 would visually match the best but the 115 digs deeper.  

• Moderators
On 11/6/2018 at 2:44 PM, maciek8791 said:

"its too big for my room"

No such thing, it's a myth.................they have a gain knob !

On 11/7/2018 at 4:50 PM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Call me lucky.  It's much easier to make one BTW. 

Yes, you are lucky and your right, it is easier to make and audiophile wife/girlfriend. The hard part is to have both. :ohmy:

• Haha 1