Let’s say you wanted to build a new CF-4

jwgorman

1 hour ago, jwgorman said:

Yes that makes sense. If I went with the Faital 142 horn, they recommend 800HZ as the crossover freq. I know the Cornscala D crosses this horn lower than that. Even crossed at 700HZ I could get the HW321’s 2k spike heavily attenuated with a 3rd order x-over. 

Is 800 the recommended crossover point, or the lowest crossover point?

Here's my simple solution to the issue; get Klipsch to bring back the Epic line! I absolutely love my "Ugly Betty" CF-4 V2s! Roy put some special magic on these, and you know today he could do even better! And I'm pretty sure there is a market for them. Are you listening [mention=58629]Chief bonehead[/mention] ?

Rick

The original had to be revised because it was too expensive and not selling very well as far as what I’ve read. I’d wonder what kind of budget he’d have to work with. The Forte III made sense since the Forte line was one of their best selling.

I think the timing is right this time around and the CF line has a cult following and sales would be improved. CF-5 with mumps horn and maybe prices for the cd’s he’d like to use are cheaper now-a-days?

Still if the price was in the Cornwall III range you’d have to wonder how many non audiophiles in that market would choose dual 12s 2 way over a classic klipsch 3 way with a 15. Maybe price would have to be between forte III/RF-7 III and Cornwall III?

Another thing is with more accurate testing you’d wonder if the specs-especially efficiency would be up to Klipsch standard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moray james said:

Personally I don't because it only works from the centre sweet spot and by the time you are at the end of the couch it gets messed up.

Not an issue...have only one chair in my "cave". Asked the wife if she was offended that I didn't provide her a chair, she just sarcastically rolled her eyes, like, puleeeeeeze....as she wandered back to the living room to watch "Housewives"

Very cool, I thought! :biggrin2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

Still if the price was in the Cornwall III range you’d have to wonder how many non audiophiles in that market would choose dual 12s 2 way over a classic klipsch 3 way with a 15.

Hmm.... How many non-audiophiles will spend Cornwall III prices on two speakers?

1 hour ago, Maximus89 said:

....would be improved. CF-5 with mumps horn and maybe prices for the cd’s he’d like to use are cheaper now-a-days?

Still if the price was in the Cornwall III range you’d have to wonder how many non audiophiles in that market would choose dual 12s 2 way over a classic klipsch 3 way with a 15. Maybe price would have to be between forte III/RF-7 III and Cor (   Snip)

Not disagreeing my brother because with me, you know you are preaching to the choir. 😎

I don’t see how klipsch could bring it back because it would compete for flagship status with the Reference stuff. 

Your point is well taken that a CF-5 would be Epic!  👍

• Like 2