I can’t do Khorns in this room, right?

31 inches of space will only allow you to cram them into those corners, but then the side opening of the bass bin facing the cabinets would be blocked. If you really want Klipschorns, you could attach a rigid partition between the front corner of the bookcase cabinets and the side walls of the room, creating what would be called a "false corner". The empty space behind could be used for storage of things that don't rattle.

• Like 1

The corner  thing is the theoretical ideal place for Khorn’s. I had them in a less than ideal set up in my living room and the sound was phenomenal. If you can get Khorns, you should get Khorns. And if it doesn’t work out with the sound , sell them for what you have in them. They retain their resale value very well.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MrWongburger73 said:

Hey all. I’m thinking that Khorns won’t have enough room to breathe in these corners and this is the only place they can go. Am I right, and if so, what’s the optimal Klipsch speaker for this room? Roughly 17’ x 26’ x 14’, pictured are Forte I. Thanks! 

http://imgur.com/zG93twI

The Khorns might work.  I've had Khorns in smaller rooms.  Your high ceiling is ideal for Khorns, as mention in the Heyser review and by Klipsch.  The only problem I can see is the nearness of the cabinetry.  You are supposed to have at least 4 feet out from the corner, unobstructed.  I guess you are committed to that cabinetry, right?  A possibility would be to build artificial corners like Paul Klipsch did for his living room -- type in Dope from Hope for plans.  I would be tempted to have bigger panels than 4 feet, essentially redesigning the corners of the room -- but don't bolt down until you run sound tests!  One orientation that is sometimes recommended is to toe-in the Khorns so that a listener in the Main Listening Position is looking straight down the throats of the tweeters. 

There is an upgrade for the Klipschorn coming soon, with a new tweeter.

You should at least consider a different speaker: the Klipsch Jubilee with bi-amping.  I haven't heard them, but most people who have think they are even better than the Khorn, which is what Paul Klipsch and Roy Delgado deigned them to be.  They don't have to be tight in a corner, just very near a corner.  The bass horn appers to point forward, so I think you might be able to plop them into your corners, toeing-in asymmetrically, aimed directly at the listner's ears.  If need be, you could hide them behind acoustically transparent fabric or grille cloth.  You might be able to buy them for about the same price as Khorns plus the above room renovation.  Do a forum search.

image.thumb.png.3a9e84ed24d6828ed4a6fc4de73f2866.png

Looking at the picture . .is it possible that the K-Horns can be shoehorned in there? I'm not sure that you're saying they will not fit (1) or worried that if they do, the performance will be terribly compromised (2).

K-Horns are so magnificent that they will outshine anything else even in compromised situations. 

WMcD

• Like 3

like you mentioned in your other thread,  i would consider the chorus ii for an improvement over the fortes & still fit nicely in those corners... or as mentioned you could try stuffing a lascala in there or a cornwall, or look into some of the slimmer models like epic cf3/4, klf 20/30, kg 5.5 or the reference line with gold woofers if you plan to watch movies.  but IMO the best upgrade for the money is the chorus 2. the other big models like lascala & k-horn will cost 2-3 times as much.