No Whining Wine

jimjimbo

Just now, oldtimer said:

I am sure you will agree that Parker is one of the more reliable reviewers.

It's hard to know who to trust anymore, but I've been following him for so long, and when I read other content that supports him, then I try to jump.  Honest to Beelzebub, having my cell phone in the wine depts of various merchants has found me some serious bargains, like this.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

The only whine that should be discussed in a focused thread is that exotic sound expelled from a supercharger. 

Ohhhhhh, I take offense to that.....you're dissing on my turbo charged tractor and backhoe....  they whine too...

(frantically searching for a safe space while my nerves calm...)

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this went from my little, iddy biddy inquiry, that it would go from that to Alfa's, superchargers and anything other than the original intent.

Yep.  Consistent aren't we??!

:emotion-19:

As a non-drinker though, I'll bow out and watch all the winers for any whine

• Like 1

What I got today works here too....I didn't want to do this, but...

8 Magnums of this Parker rated 95.....They knew not what they had......at an insanely low price.....plus a discount for 6 bottles or more...I should have worn a mask out of that place.  The manager told me that hadn't sold but one in the last 2 years.  And, their inventory says they might have another six....he has my number.

399712652_LouisMartini2014.thumb.jpg.9ec835e37f3fe7fa1ea087ee2666acab.jpg

I have something similar, but 3 older vintages, and sadly down to a single bottle of each for 1 last vertical tasting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

No wimpy wines! Has that been stated? Anyone familiar? I'm an admitted California wine snob. I find I prefer the terroir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you must have missed school when they taught Oregon, Washington, Burgundy, South Africa,…
  • Haha 1