No Whining Wine

jimjimbo

I like reds more than earlier in life, plus they don't have to be chilled.

My younger son gave me some Michael David Petite Petit at the end of his wedding weekend. I found it very enjoyable and far better than the low price would lead you to believe. My salayr doesn't allow for expensive wines, although I have been know to enough some.

Bruce

• Like 1

I feel for you Emile,  That will be just a tad uncomfortable inside, I'm sure.  On days such as these, it is a good idea to have a nice little Class D or a T-amp handy.   They put out almost zero heat, so won't add to the ambient temperature, while still being able to make your speakers sing, if one is in the mood.      

• Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:42 PM, Marvel said:

I like reds more than earlier in life, plus they don't have to be chilled.

My younger son gave me some Michael David Petite Petit at the end of his wedding weekend. I found it very enjoyable and far better than the low price would lead you to believe. My salayr doesn't allow for expensive wines, although I have been know to enough some.

Bruce

That wine is a steal, especially if you like big reds like Petite Sirah. The bad news is that I only have 3 bottles left.

1 hour ago, RT FAN said:

That wine is a steal, especially if you like big reds like Petite Sirah. The bad news is that I only have 3 bottles left.

I think I can still get some for about $13.50 here at Costco. 😁

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 4:24 PM, oldtimer said:

California chardonnays suck.  Go Burgundy or go home.

For the most part I would agree with you. There are some California Chardonnays that are made in more of the French style and they can be quite good. Not all California Chardonnays tast like Rombauer - otherwise known as Cougar Crack - thank goodness! 

40 minutes ago, joshnich said:

For the most part I would agree with you. There are some California Chardonnays that are made in more of the French style and they can be quite good. Not all California Chardonnays tast like Rombauer - otherwise known as Cougar Crack - thank goodness! 

Yeah.  I find the Mer Soleil Silver unoaked really nice.  Most are just way over oaked.

• Like 1