Pulled Going to offer in lots of ?

joessportster

I have my personal collection here I cannot go through and list everything here suffice to say it is mainly rock with some blues and jazz scattered throughout, I have another 150 (ish) discs still in there cases all consisting of Classical and Jazz. This is not some picked over collection of leftovers this is MY actual collection. I have come to realize I never play an actual disc anymore it is always my lossless files or vinyl so in a need to downsize I thought I might offer the collection as a whole for a greatly reduced price. I have a few Chesky, a couple MFSL, a few Sheffield and more great audiophile recordings Telarc.......................... I have some high end discs not alot but there are a few collectibles. a few of the artists are Ac/Dc, Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylin, Pearl Jam, Dr Hook, Melissa Etheridge, Jennifer Warnes, Johnny Cash, Warren Zevon, White Stripes, Jack Johnson, Jackson Brown, Ray Charles, Rhiannon Giddens, ZZ Top, Steve Winwood, Steve Earl, Stevie Ray Vaughn, ETC...Etc...etc... I will not separate. The discs in the Pro cases all have there artwork with them except a very few that did not come with art work I tuck the disc inside the artwork and then place in the case in alphabetical order Most of the discs are like new. The Pro Cases are the really heavy type made with 1/2 wood and carpeted. I can say with all confidence this is a steal at my FIRM asking price of 1400.00 plus shipping and fees

1 hour ago, kevinmi said:

So, if I'm reading this right, most of your collection isn't in the jewel cases? 

Correct Most are in the pro cases with artwork. The pro cases allow me to keep thousands when Jewell cases would require infinitely more space. this is probably not a flippers paradise (Not implying you are a flipper) 

1 hour ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I was wondering when the rest would be for sale. 

The others that I have sold were not part of this collection, They were deals I come across at local habitat stores. I kept any I liked and sold the balance.

Just now, Schu said:

J, that's a great way to store those. I need to do something like that because the 1000+ I have just take up to much room.

I agree as long as you dont put to many in a single row they are super easy to flip through when looking for a certain disc.  I have all my DVD and Blue Rays in another case like these. 

I dont like the books with the plastic sleeves I always found those sleeves cause scratches. This is easily as safe / good as the jewell cases for keeping the discs in good shape

1 hour ago, Deang said:

Joe - don’t do this. 

Yea I know Dean, I am on the fence I wont have a way to play them though as I intend to sell my transport and dedicated dac......................Momma wants a newer car and as I can no longer do the maintenance I am in favor of getting something with a warranty..............I just thought this might help with down payment and clean up my space a bit I already monopolize the living room with audio and she doesnt complain so I like to make her happy too if I can afford to.................

• Like 4

I have around 1300 that I have ripped to my PC at high resolution but couldn't bring myself to sell them.  Perhaps I need to store them as they do take up alot of real estate but I have a stand that holds 1000 the rest are in smaller stands.  $1 apiece is a great deal!

5 hours ago, Frzninvt said:

I have around 1300 that I have ripped to my PC at high resolution but couldn't bring myself to sell them.  Perhaps I need to store them as they do take up alot of real estate but I have a stand that holds 1000 the rest are in smaller stands.  $1 apiece is a great deal!

I had these on a shelf that covered a wall from floor to ceiling 4 feet wide and I was / am steady adding to the pile (150 ish still in cases ) :) 

On 11/10/2018 at 5:34 PM, joessportster said:

Correct Most are in the pro cases with artwork. The pro cases allow me to keep thousands when Jewell cases would require infinitely more space. this is probably not a flippers paradise (Not implying you are a flipper) 

The others that I have sold were not part of this collection, They were deals I come across at local habitat stores. I kept any I liked and sold the balance.

I'm not a flipper, but I have 500 or so cd's in their jewel cases, so I would like them to match.They do take up a bit of room, but not as much as my vinyl collection!

Jewel cases for about $0.36 each with free shipping and you won't have a scratch on them. https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-pcs-Black-New-Single-Standard-DVD-CD-10-2mm-Jewel-Case/112473608322?epid=13007698099&hash=item1a2ff31082:g:pnEAAOSwgu9ZYA00:rk:11:pf:0

Please buy these from Joe so I can stop coming back here to see if they are sold. I really don't want to sort and rip that many CDs and I'm sure I have a lot of them...but I keep thinking I need to buy these.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think that is the right move, Joe. $1400 on a flyer is a lot to drop on cds sight unseen. The lots you put up by genre went pretty quickly around here. I know it is a PITA to type out all of those titles, and package everything, but it seems to be the only way to go. GLWTS.